Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was checking the full vehicle equipment list as shown on the my volkswagen portal. I saw this note and I cannot seem to find what it means anywhere online.

7-speed automatic or DSG note: family EDF

I have a DSG t-cross, but what does that family EDF note mean ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just found this:

Identifier EDF is a so-called PR code from Volkswagen. These are used so that the right component is installed in the factory and on the other hand that the workshop can look for the right components for the vehicle.

EDF is a manufacturer of internal code which describes the design of the gearbox or the attachment and suspension parts in more detail. However, this is only important for the authorized workshop when ordering parts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just found this:

Identifier EDF is a so-called PR code from Volkswagen. These are used so that the right component is installed in the factory and on the other hand that the workshop can look for the right components for the vehicle.

EDF is a manufacturer of internal code which describes the design of the gearbox or the attachment and suspension parts in more detail. However, this is only important for the authorized workshop when ordering parts.
Thanks for your reply :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts