Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Anybody seeing a start fault "Fault - Light assist" in digital speedo edition? I have a new T-cross R-line with everything included - the brochure edition - turquoise edition, DSG etc.

Have two issues - one, the above and second, the steering wheel is delaminating on the right side buy the button console. VW have agreed to replace the wheel but have no idea where the Light assist fault is comming from. VDCS is not logging the error :-(

The wipers - anyone experiencing that the wipers can change from intermittent wipe to bannanas when running on rain sensor? Mine go bannas if a truck passes and take up to 20-30 seconds to return to normal? Is this normal?

Otherwise - OMG - what a car :) Downgraded from a Jetta 1,4 TSI 160KH ( love my driving licence) and love this. Didnt want green but as it turns out - many in denmark approach med to see this car :) Im my home town - being annomous is a thing of the past :)

Probably teething faults but still....

My local VW in Jutland has admitted that they have another car with the light assist fault :-(

Anybody had this problem? Resolved?

Thanks

Kieran

P.s. NO modifications of the car / software are implemented

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Hi pogmahoin, the wiper question I can help with: You have rain sensing wipers not regular intermittent. They will wipe the windows according to the detected rain and that can be anything from a single or occasional wipe, through normal single speed up to full High speed when it thinks it's needed. So yes they can go bezerk to help you out.

·
Registered
116 Posts
abc said:
I am experiencing lack of auto headlights dipping ,car 2days with main dealer who states computer says they do work.
Not prepared to do more
Any answerse
Take dealer out for a drive in the dark and prove they dont work!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Major UPDATE

- Its a BUG ins the software that VW have found in my T-Cross !! It took 6 visits and 7 weeks to solve the issues and a VW TPE will soon be issued. This update will be installed on first service.

Esentially the car is not turning off componentes correctly when shutting down and this creates the fault at re-start. Accoeding to VW I am the first person to have been hit by this bug!! The issues was fixed by a german VW technician eventhought the car is danish. This fault applys R-line model with Light assist and LED lights.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same issue appeared in my t-cross 10 days ago

Today After a second visit the dealer was able to reproduce it (as it wasn't happening on every start engine) and an Software update followed up.
Now I will monitor to see if indeed it was resolved.

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
380 Posts
A similar light fault is mentioned on the Golf forum, seemingly resolved by replacing the High Beam assist control unit. Hopefully the software update will do the job.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pogmahoin said:
The wipers - anyone experiencing that the wipers can change from intermittent wipe to bannanas when running on rain sensor? Mine go bannas if a truck passes and take up to 20-30 seconds to return to normal? Is this normal?
That's a thing with rain-sensors - there are times that they just go bonkers for no aparant reason. Had that on all my cars that had rain sensors. What helps sometimes is to just adjust the intermittent sensitivity on the stalk to a lower level.

Downgraded from a Jetta 1,4 TSI 160KH
That's good to hear. I had a Jetta 1.4 TSI as well that I loved so much. Best car I ever owned!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.