Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced the white H8 x 35W bulbs in my T Cross with H8 x 35W Lunex Plasma Gold and they look great in day light.
They claim to have +80% more light then a standard white bulb and have +30M beam.
Can't wait to see them at night.
Had them replaced in ten minutes no need to remove the wheels, just open the inter-guard door, pull the cable socket down from the bulb and turn the bulb to the left 90' to remove the bulb.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes a bright yellow by day and a golden colour at night, still bright for the turning function.
My car has LED headlights and the fog light bulbs that came with it looked like warm white, now both are bright, I am very happy with them really looks a lot better, and of course I am all set for the winter fog.
Another strange thing about the fog lights is that the front fog light "on indicator lamp" is on the light switch selector and the back one is on the display, Mose cares have both on the display, VW have their own way of doing thinks.

Registered
I would be interested in seeing some pics of how they look..

Also, a link to where you got the bulbs.

I have been wanting to replace my stock fog bulbs, initially bought some LED's but then read they give Canbus errors.

Are they really that easy to replace ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some photos as requested,

Property Plant Hood Building Flowerpot

Automotive lighting Plant Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Automotive design

Gas Auto part Darkness Motor vehicle Metal

Attachments

Registered
Sorry but I think the yellow against the white looks awful.

Looks worse than the stock "off white" bulbs.

Im looking for something thats bright white, not yellow!

Registered
Click to view larger image
Move over photo to zoom
Have one to sell? Sell it yourself
2x LUNEX PLASMA XENON H8 5000K Headlight Halogen Bulbs 12V 35W PGJ19-1 Hard Case

What about these..?...seem the same Lunex plasma but bright white..!

Registered
The stock Fog lamp bulbs have got to go, far too yellow !!

I may try a set of the Lunex H8 white bulbs to see if the colour is closer to my LED headlights.

Really want LED fogs though, but can't find anything that doesn't bring up a warning light !!

I have a set of of the Nighteye H8 Led bulbs that the guys over on the T-Roc forum are fitting..
These do not appear to bring up a warning light on the T-Roc, but they do on the T-Cross, so I wonder what is different ?

Anyone got any idea's ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes the stock lamps are like warm white. Go for the Lunex white I have used them for my headlights in my last car they should be close to your LED headlights.
Or you could get two resistor units one for each of your Nighteye LED bulbs and use them, you would need to make sure that they are not to bright and cause an accident, you can get sports bulbs for headlights which are great for light but if you're in an accident or cause one you are in D-S.
When the winter is over I may change my Lunex Gold for a set of Lunex white myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts