Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
377 Posts
No probs other than they should surely be standard on SEL spec rather than a cost option.

·
Registered
34 Posts
They're excellent. Already got the value - on top of folding for street parking, I've folded them to squeeze through some tight spots and love the auto angle down for reverse feature -very helpful to see the kerb

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm happy with my folding mirrors, and only.had to make a slight adjustment twice in 3 months.
The spec in the brochure said £160 gets you the folding mirrors including puddle lights, but that didn't happen, neither did the front passenger folding back rest make it to the U.K.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Daytel said:
The spec in the brochure said £160 gets you the folding mirrors including puddle lights, but that didn't happen
Do you mean those lights which should be underneath the mirrors?
If you look under mirrors, there is a triangle place for the light. Has anyone got light in there?
I had those lights in my Golf Plus.

-eelis-

·
Registered
88 Posts
That's the ones, not really essential, but was expecting them to be there.

·
Registered
162 Posts
is there a button anywhere that you can press, that folds them in? on my previous cars, you do that and they go in.. not automatically when engine turned off etc...

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
Usually with VW it's a position on the mirror adjustment knob. Normal HRW is top, with electric mirrors it's top right with fold top left.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ffiscool said:
is there a button anywhere that you can press, that folds them in? on my previous cars, you do that and they go in.. not automatically when engine turned off etc...
No button to press ;), as Tricky2 said in previous page, but in T-Cross, you just turn the wing mirror adjustment switch to bottom left (south west) and they fold, south east you will find mirror heating.

-eelis-

·
Registered
162 Posts
So, mine don't fold. On looking at the manual, it seems even though the folding mirror option means they fold in when you turn the engine off, there is nothing if you haven't chosen that option.

I tried a few things but they don't fold without the option, unless I'm being totally thick

·
Registered
57 Posts
Folding mirrors is an option, they fold in when you lock the car.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I thought that with the option, they folded in. But without the option, there would be the symbol you turned to when going through a width restriction for example, I.e manually.

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
No the option IS having the motors in the mirrors to fold them in. (plus the different switch of course)

·
Registered
162 Posts
At least they're not massive lol

I turned off the lane assist yesterday. Forgot this morning, but it was fine. Then later today I was out, forgot, but it didn't come on.

I need to study the manual

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
Lane assist cannot be permanently disabled, several on here and other forums would love it to be do, but as it's considered an essential safety aid it automatically reactivated on restarting.

Simplest way to turn off/on as needed, left hand steering switches, bottom right switch (car inside box) press this, then OK (middle of right switches). Leave alone and the middle screen display will revert to whatever you had on it after half a minute or do.

VW manuals are so impenetrable, so many warnings and safety notices it's hard to find the actual information :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.