Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I was wondering if anyone had bad experience with front assist. I have t-cross 1 year now, love the car and I like all safety assistants (even lane assist :D ), but I have experienced 2 fault alarms so far. Car did not fully break but made something like warning break lasting like 1/4 second - it always scares me and other passengers (and probably also car behind me :) ). Both cases happened on roads under reconstruction with large traffic cones close to road (something like this https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/road-reconstruction-warning-signs-along-158754286.jpg
). I am starting to be afraid to drive on this kind od road. Anyone else with similar problem?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have you played around with the settings for Front Assist? You can set it up to alert you early. Go to Car -> Settings. There should be a menu for the Front Assist. I've tested it and go some false positives like you when using the "Early" setting. It beeped at me once (but didn't stop) on a twisty road doing around 30-40mph. There was an oncoming traffic, but probably because of the bend in the road the system decided that the oncoming car was in my lane. It did it only once during this trip, but I returned the alerting distance to normal and never seen it again. It sometimes detects the ramp in my underground parking, and several times It slammed the brakes. The same ramp always triggers the front parking sensors, so it seems to be a bit steeper than normal.

Other than that I'm a big fan of the assist systems too. For such a budget car, they work wonders. I found the lane assist is easily deceived by shadows though (under bridges, etc.), and on wet roads - sometimes it wants to follow other cars tracks :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much, it's a VW thing. My MK7 GTI did this as well on any setting. I was keeping it on Late warning most of the times and it was still triggering false warnings while going in corners on B roads with no traffic around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi i have a first edition model and i have had this happen twice , the first time was 3 weeks ago when i was crawling along in traffic approx 7-10 mph and the car in front was at least 3 car lengths ahead and without any prior warning either acoustic or light the brakes jammed on , at first i thought the car behind had hit me. luckily the car behind me was not to close so did not hit me.
Today i was travelling at about 40mph on a b road with no cars in sight in front or behind clear verges and the car jammed on the brakes (a short braking jolt and the advance warning light came on the dash) this is very concerning as if there had been a car behind me there would have been an accident.

regards Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts