Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in my car earlier and the Active Info display indicated "Front Assist Not Available" along with a couple of warning lights.

Speedometer Gauge Plant Steering part Automotive design

A quick look in the manual revealed all, hopefully just due to a dirty or wet radar sensor, or at least I hope that is what is wrong with it !!

Font Number

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this warning ??

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Have you tried wiping the VW badge on the front grille? The sensor is built into it.

If its filthy, front assist wont work.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had this intermittently when in heavy rain on the motorway. Cleared and then came back.

Car was minging and once washed all was good again.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have experienced this following driving rain but it later cleared by its self and warning lights went out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Very common 'fault' in here winter time. If it's snowing it comes instantly.

-eelis-

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just picked up the car from the dealer today (finally). After driving for 15km in light rain, i got the same issue

Speedometer Odometer Vehicle Car Tachometer

Brand new car and with just 15km in the odometer with light rain...Happy customer :oops: :oops: :twisted: :twisted:

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not exactly a fault though is it... I'd rather the car say 'oh, hang on a second I can't work out what's going on in front.'. Than 'ah sod it, not sure what's up ahead but I'll let him think I'm in control.' 😁

·
Registered
78 Posts
Haha true but after the last 4 years driving a Volvo XC90, I never had such issues even in very bad weather conditions. These systems should not be so "sensitive" in light rain

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just finished a very wet drive to North Wales, light rain no issues at all, torrential rain dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree!!! Front assist shown as not available, but as soon as the rain eased off everything reset and worked perfectly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts