Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just done 600 miles and my long term average consumption is 41.3. All local journeys with a 50 mile round trip once a week. How are others getting on?

·
Registered
65 Posts
My wife's car is mostly local short trips....
Still averaging 41mpg which I think is excellent considering it barely warms up.
Just give it a good run Along the bypass once a week to save any longer term issues.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My Long Term MPG is 44 a mix of local journeys and some longer distance when we are in the 50 plus mpg always run on Shell 99 Octane

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Shell near me. 1 and a half of supermarket and one of BP so far(the half tank of Morrisons was put in by the dealer).

·
Registered
14 Posts
After around 7000 kms mixed driving (25% autoroutes/25% town/ 50% rural) we're getting close to 50mpg (5.6L/100kms).

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's good!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
What fuel do you guys recommend? The classic 95 oktane or the 100+? Is it worth to go for the expensive one at the end?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Long term mpg read out on dashboard display.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Think fuel is not just about MPG but also long term the benefits of keeping the engine parts cleaner got this info from Honest John website who seems to recommend using high octane fuel, but also appreciate that if your going to change in say three years may be no long term benefit to you as the current owner versus the additional cost .

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks @Topcat

My plan for now is to sell the car in 3 years but you never know :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Taking your MPG from the on board computer can be a bit out. For a far better and truer reading is to neck the fuel on every fill-up and check your mileage.
If you need any more info on this method I will explain. Please don't think I'm trying to teach my Grandmother how to suck eggs, but some younger members don't know this method.

·
Registered
18 Posts
silverhairs said:
Taking your MPG from the on board computer can be a bit out. For a far better and truer reading is to neck the fuel on every fill-up and check your mileage.
If you need any more info on this method I will explain. Please don't think I'm trying to teach my Grandmother how to suck eggs, but some younger members don't know this method.
While I agree with you that the best calculation would be tank-to-tank, my experience from owning both a PQ35-based SEAT Altea and VW Jetta 6, is that the read-out consumption figures are actually very close. In the 170000 kms (105 000 miles) that I've done with my Jetta 6, the actual consumption was an average of 38.9mpg vs 38.1mpg according to the trip computer. The Altea showed a similar variance.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just done 2,300 miles and checked my long term consumption... 46.3....very happy with that😃

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine is the 1.0 litre automatic so the fuel consumption is not great. Long term 38 mpg. Unfortunately I do a lot of short journeys so I can't seem to get the average consumption up very high

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
How short is short? We're 6 miles from the nearest shops, a quick run in and it's already showing 40+ mpg. However it's pretty much a continuous road all the way. It's moving off after stopping that's the killer. Can't give my ling term, I'm tucked up in bed. In the 40's though.

Digitalracer, you don't say which engine you have...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have the 115 DSG. My week is virtually 1-4 mile journeys with a 45 mile round trip on Friday (and even that has traffic delays) and now showing 46.7 long term mpg. So happy with that.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If I remember correctly, at the time of purchase, the only engine option with DSG was the 115.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts