Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys got a question about my 1.0TSI T-Cross Active which I got from new under a lease deal. The car has done 1300 miles so far yet the mpg is still at 32mpg whereas it should be reaching in the 40's range through normal driving use. I read that new cars take time to reach optimum mpg..... am I still yet to do more mileage or is there an issue? Can current owners advise when they reached the quoted or acceptable mpg?

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
Depends where you're viewing it. If you're looking at 'long term' then it will take a while to build up as it starts from a very low base being moved short journeys and run without moving during transport and PDI. If you're looking at 'from last fill' or 'since start' these are closer to what you should expect.

Of course it all depends on your driving style and journey profile. If your trips are all around town, the constant stop start (well it's the getting moving) will limit it. Ours gets into 40+ on every trip but then even a trip to the shops is 7 miles of non stop A roads so it's easy to keep the flow with a light throttle.

Reactions: AussieJohn

·
Registered
87 Posts
The vehicle does need to be carefully driven for a little while but 1300 miles is more than enough to give it a bit of stick to loosen things up and bed in all components. Our T Cross ( 1 litre 115hp) returned 5 ltres per 100km yesterday on an intercity commute between the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane and return.This translates to 47 mpg. We sat on 110kmh for half of the journey and then speed limits reduced that to a 100kmh cruise. There was also a bit of urban running of about 30km's. Cheers-John

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
377 Posts
My car is short journeys all week, with one 45 mile round trip on Fridays and my long term readout is 45.5 mpg.
Car is 2.5 yrs old with nearly 8,000 miles.

·
Registered
87 Posts
An amendment to my earlier reply,where I quoted 5 litres per 100km as 47.00mpg. I was using a USA app and converting to US Gallons. In Imperial measurements the car returned 56 mpg. Wow!

Reactions: Halin9

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mines a 1.5 TSI DSG, usually in town it returns about 35mpg and with the improving temperatures, it’s returning about 53mpg avg (and that’s with a fair amount of hills) on my daily commute of total 46 miles to Uni. And my long term at the moment is about 49mpg. Car is about 9 months old with nearly 8k miles.

I usually tend to stick to 60 MPH on dual carriageways as
1. Less aerodynamic drag so better fuel efficiency and lower emissions,
2. I’m never in a rush and
3. People overtake regardless of doing 60 or 70 MPH.

I have to say, I’m pretty impressed with 53mpg from a boxy petrol SUV.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the 1.0 TSI 108bhp, done 1300 miles, did a 280 mile journey recently mostly motorway and mostly sixth gear and trip showed 47mpg. Infact it is proving to be more economical than I expected.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the 1.0 TSI 108bhp, done 1300 miles, did a 280 mile journey recently mostly motorway and mostly sixth gear and trip showed 47mpg. Infact it is proving to be more economical than I expected.
What was your average speed for the motorway, roughly? I had a 280 mile journey with 130 kmh cc. and the the avg consumption was 47 mpg. (Units converted by the way :) )

1 - 14 of 14 Posts