Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my T-Cross for a couple of weeks now and generally love it. But I do find it's letting in a lot more diesel fumes when I'm in traffic than my old Golf did. Am I the only one? I know they've skimped on a fair few things in the car so would that be the filter too??

·
Registered
59 Posts
One of the reasons I switched to petrol after having a number of recent VW diesels. In the winter months '"regeneration" happened quite often to burn the soot from the dpf filter that modern diesels have. Which created the smell. You can also feel the extra heat generated. I was only doing short trips with no motorway journeys for the exhaust to get hot enough to burn the soot off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. My T-cross is a petrol though so am assuming its other cars' fumes coming through. I'll have to take it in if it carries on. Feel like I'm getting poisoned

·
Registered
395 Posts
Have you tried switching the air intake from "outside" to "recirculating"...? That will stop external fumes coming in and, if the smell is still there, will show if it's an internal smell....Worth a try in traffic..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts