Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

Does anyone know how to update the GPS software in the Discover Media from a USB key?

Thanks for all your answers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your answer.
The problem is that my T-Cross 2021 is not fitted with SD port but only with USB port.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had assumed it would update over the air but it looks like you still need to download it from a web site, unzip it onto a USB stick then plug it in to the car.

As the 2021 MY only has USB-C sockets, you'll either need to find a USB-C memory stick (I've never seen one but am sure they exist) or a normal USB stick with a USB A to C adaptor

Disappointing all the VW instructions assume everyone has a Windows computer though…..

As CarPlay and Android Auto become more common I can't help but think inbuilt and after market sat nav systems will disappear..

·
Registered
412 Posts
neilmanc said:
I had assumed it would update over the air but it looks like you still need to download it from a web site, unzip it onto a USB stick then plug it in to the car.
Over the air was the great intention, but VW have failed miserably with the implementation and rollout of the MIB3, useless back end, not fit for purpose and no dealer training whatsoever.

neilmanc said:
As the 2021 MY only has USB-C sockets, you'll either need to find a USB-C memory stick (I've never seen one but am sure they exist) or a normal USB stick with a USB A to C adaptor
They do exist, i bought one for my Volvo. USB B one end, USB C the other

neilmanc said:
As CarPlay and Android Auto become more common I can't help but think inbuilt and after market sat nav systems will disappear..
I don't think so, at least not until they're capable of managing 2 displays. Map on one directions on the other like VW, or like my Volvo e,g. The display in front the driver varies, showing broad maps, more detailed at junctions, lane pictograms at off ramps etc. So until the maps on the phone, android or apple, can do this, there's still a place for dedicated vehicle sat navs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello,

I thank you all for all this interesting information. It is a pity that the update over the air has failed.

So, how do you register the update on the Discover Media from the moment the USB-C stick is connected?
What is the procedure to perform on the device?

Thank you in advance for your assistance with this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I only have a 2019 version so use an SD card - but according to the link I added yesterday it states:

Installing the map material
• Insert the USB-C Stick into the USB-C port on your vehicle.
• Turn on the ignition
• Now select the "MENU" button on the Discover Pro. Click on "Update software" in the "Setup"
menu under "Version information". Now follow the instructions on the display of the Discover Pro

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jadee said:
I only have a 2019 version so use an SD card - but according to the link I added yesterday it states:

Installing the map material
• Insert the USB-C Stick into the USB-C port on your vehicle.
• Turn on the ignition
• Now select the "MENU" button on the Discover Pro. Click on "Update software" in the "Setup"
menu under "Version information". Now follow the instructions on the display of the Discover Pro
Thanks jadee, this is exactly the kind of answer to my question I was waiting for.
I'll just have to try this method as soon as I buy a USB-C stick.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Did anybody finaly succeed in updating Discover Media or GPS software from USB Stick?
I bought a T-Cross United in May 2021 and I'm unable to update software.

Discover care doesn't support t-cross.
Manual copy of GPS material (27Gb) on USBC Stick should work...
But when using this method (+ignition/setup/informations/update)... there is no update available in the list.
Versions stil are: H22 for material, 0270 for software, and 21.5 for GPS Data.
Unable to get the June 2021 update/refresh!
Off course OTF updates doesn't seem to work, even when choosing 'YES'.

Is there any way to update something ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts