Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone tell me if the heat switch for the wing mirrors is on a timer?
Because I keep forgetting to switch it off. My last car had the headed mirrors working with rear window heater.

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
Yes, one on VW strange foibles, having the door mirror heaters on the adjustment switch. Many complain about it and find it confusing, but that's the way it's been for decades.

The manual reads:

"Switch on the exterior mirror heating. The exterior mirror heating heats only at ambient temperatures below
+20°C (+68°F) and initially with the highest setting. Heating takes place dependent on the ambient temperature after around two minutes"

I also seem to remember seeing a timeout setting whilst going through the control module. If I can find a screenshot I'll let you know.

I leave mine permanently in the on position.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's great new I will do like you and keep switched on all the time, and let the temperature regulator and the time take control of it.

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
It's not. It a screenshot of OBDeleven on an android tablet examining the internal settings of the central control module 09.

All VW's have multiple control units running things in the car (no longer battery to switch to device, wiring) all talking to each other across a data bus. The OBD port allows diagnostic and configuration access to all these modules. There are 3 devices capable of accessing this: VCDS, the most comprehensive but also several hundred pounds, OBDeleven sub £100, has preprogrammed 'apps' for some settings, or the pro version which allows you to get at all the error information and coding deep in the modules. Finally Carista, cheaper, has a subscription model, and I believe you can only do what the preprogrammed apps allow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.