Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

Soon to be ordering (hopefully before summer) member here. I've had 3 VWs so far: MK2 Golf, 2011 1L Polo (Dieselgate) and recently sold my 2015 polo 1.2l TSI as I'm 6ft3" so it was becoming tiring being that tall in a small car. Obviously a T Cross/ Roc is the natural progression and I've decided on a new T Cross.

Been lurking on here for a few weeks but think it's time to ask some questions.

Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi, Welcome, there's always something going on here. Plenty of varied issues. Cheers-John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome ! Good choice ! I'm 6"2 and compered several cars and for getting in and out, the T-Cross is the best. Even BMW X1 X2 and X3 are difficult to get in and out, because the B pillar stands too far forward. You will enjoy your new car !!

G

·
Hello from the London suburbs. My T Cross is 16 months old. I am 6ft 5ins and find it very comfortable and accessible. I chose a T Cross over a T Roc as I felt more cramped in the T Roc. Definitely a good choice for taller drivers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We recently also went from 2017 Polo 1.2 TSI to T Cross R Line 110 PS . Compares well with Polo on acceleration and road noise. We love it, plenty of interior space and high driving position. I think the extra cost of R Line trim is worth it and looks & fees great. Also took spare wheel option over gel kit.

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
380 Posts
Don't think you will regret your choice, very happy with mine. Like you I sat in a T Roc while in the showroom, but didn't like the dark headlining. I am practically 6' and previously drove a Volvo, but very comfortable in the T Cross and passengers have commented on the performance, especially in Sport mode.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys - reassuring to hear that tall drivers cope well with it. I inadvertently test drove one in December 2019 when my polo was being serviced (I think it was an SE DSG) and the difference in ergonomics for taller folks was huge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.