Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have ordered my T-CROSS ADVANCE 1.0 TSI DSG 7, 81 KW(110 CV), with the comfort pack ("Hola Comfort"!).

Have been doing some research and I cannot find any answers to a couple of questions, hope you can help.

Does the "Lane Assist" include "Blind Spot Monitor"?
Also for some reason the engine spec seems to be different in Spain to other countries. As above here in Spain the engine is advertised as 110 PSI, but everywhere else it's advertised as 115 PSI?

Thank you!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Think Lane assist and blind spot monitor are two different things. Not sure what is standard but it is on the R Line.
the 110PS engine replaced the 115PS from our September 2020 order.

·
Registered
127 Posts
As acvw has said, Lane Assist and Side Assist (Blind Spot Monitoring) are two separate systems in the car but I'm pretty sure that they both come as part of the same package - that is, if the car has Lane Assist then it also has Side Assist. The EU has mandated that all new cars registered from 2022 have to have a lane departure warning system as standard, so (in the UK at least) all models of the T-Cross have Lane Assist as standard, and as far as I know, this also means that Side Assist is also standard across all models.

The larger petrol engine changed from 115HP to 110HP from the 2021 model year (so in cars built from summer 2020)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks For the info.
Car delivered this morning, I does not have Blind Spot Monitoring!

·
Registered
127 Posts
May be worth checking the ASSIST menu option in the main Infotainment unit to have a look and see what is there and make sure everything that is there is switched on.

The VW press release from 2018 before the T-Cross was launched at https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/press-releases/the-new-t-cross-i-am-safe-standard-pedestrian-monitoring-will-make-the-city-safer-4251_ clearly states that all of the safety systems such as Lane Assist, Front Assist, Pedestrian Monitoring and Blind Spot Monitoring are all included as standard. I can't think that the UK spec would be any different from other markets so I'd be extremely surprised if it isn't fitted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts