Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this system on my previous Up and really liked it. Worked really well without fail.

However on the T Cross, I can't seem to predict when it will work and when it won't. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.

Has anyone had any issues with it?

I'm fine with hill starts with or without the handbrake, can be quick enough with the shift to first from braking. Just feels strange it doesn't always engage.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It should work seamlessly, time for a trip to the dealer I'd suggest-Cheers
-John

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm. Good to know. I didn't think it felt right….

I wonder if it's linked to the steering /kerbing issue. Will add to their list to check!

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
DrewK said:
I'm fine with hill starts with or without the handbrake, can be quick enough with the shift to first from braking. Just feels strange it doesn't always engage.
Don't quite get this: You come to a stop with the footbrake, (i'm assuming a manual?) , clutch down, into first still on the footbrake, the hill hold maintains the hold on the footbrake only once you then move from footbrake to accelerator and start to engage the clutch.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tricky2 said:
DrewK said:
Don't quite get this: You come to a stop with the footbrake, (i'm assuming a manual?) , clutch down, into first still on the footbrake, the hill hold maintains the hold on the footbrake only once you then move from footbrake to accelerator and start to engage the clutch.
Yep, manual.

That is some occasions. But also when stopping I tend to take the car out of gear and let the clutch out for the stop start to kick in. Living in central London it's happens a lot. But I leave my foot on the brake, engaging the clutch and first to go when traffic moves. This is when the hill start assist doesn't come on.

I could of course use the handbrake there, but again, central London - I would forever be pulling it on and off. And I thought this example would be the exact thing hill start assist would be there for? Was this war in my up.

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
One of the points in the manual about how it operates was about the engine running normally, maybe you're too quick from SS and it hasn't established the engine's running by the time you take your foot off.

First thing to try is turn off SS, see if it then works reliably. If so you need to get the engine running fractionally earlier, i know it starts with clutch going down, try first wiggling the steering, this should kick it into life before dipping the clutch.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have experienced 1 2 times where I believe my hill start assist did not activate. I believe that this happened due to the fact I stopped and had to restart again within 1 sec.
So I believe that the car has to recognize stop as we say let the car sit on back wheels and start after 1 or 2 secs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've now tested it on a few variations.

It seems that if you bring the car out of gear (whether stop/start is on or off) it WONT engage the hill start assist. At least not on my car…

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.