Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to disconnect my battery as I will be away for 3 months but when I take off the negative terminal the alarm goes off.
Any way to stop this ? I presume that there is another battery somewhere for the damn alarm.
What is the best way to disconnect the battery. There is no entry for Battery in the user manual index.
Also, what is the best way to lock the car with the battery disconnected.
I have found the hidden keyhole in the drivers door handle.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Get yourself a small solar panel and controller for the dashboard and hook it up to the battery. This is what I did with mine due to the lockdown ( I have only done 600 miles in a year in it). Assuming you are parked up outside of course. That way you keep the alarm active also.

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
Strange, never heard of the alarm going off on VW's when the battery is disconnected. Is it the factory original alarm or an after fit? Had you tried to lock it before disconnecting?

The car systems do go into a deep sleep, shutting most items down when left for a long time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.