Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this counts as a fault / technical issue but here goes....

Sometimes the door locked status of my car shows as Unlocked in both the WeConnect app and on the web portal, even when I know for absolutely definite that it is locked. Also the current position of the vehicle doesn't show in the app or portal. It is inconsistent as some times it shows correctly as locked and the location shows up, and sometimes it doesn't.

I'm assuming it is some sort of connection issue between the car's inbuilt mobile data connection but I can't find any obvious way of working out what it is.

Has anyone else come across this, and worked out the problem/resolution ?

Cheers

Neil

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not sure if many others use the VW WeConnect app but I am finding it extremely flaky.

Often when I access it it has been saying the doors are unlocked when I know for a fact they are locked. In recent days it has degraded further and is showing the doors open or the lights on - again when I know for a fact they aren't. The status on the web portal is correct, so am assuming that this is some issue with how the app deals with the data rather than an issue with how the car is sending out data generally.

I've contacted VW customer services but nothing so far...

Has anyone else seen similar inaccurate data ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've also experienced this, though not quite as bad. There has only been 1 occasion in my 1 month of ownership where the doors have said they're unlocked when they were clearly locked (mirrors folded in, lights off etc).

Sounds like the car just didn't ping the servers with the updated information. See if just starting the car, then turning it off and locking fixes it, could be a poor internet connection in the car.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
F1George said:
I've also experienced this, though not quite as bad. There has only been 1 occasion in my 1 month of ownership where the doors have said they're unlocked when they were clearly locked (mirrors folded in, lights off etc).

Sounds like the car just didn't ping the servers with the updated information. See if just starting the car, then turning it off and locking fixes it, could be a poor internet connection in the car.
Don't think it is the car connection as the status on the web portal is always correct even when it is wrong on the app = I'm currently sitting at home with the app showing the car is unlocked with the lights on, and everything off in the web portal (which is correct). I've tried all the usual "switch it off and back on again" things which don't seem to reliably make much difference, however it is an intermittent issue so hard to prove anything.

I had a reply back from VW which basically dismissed it as an issue with my phone / service provider and advising the best option is to install the app on a different phone, which is hardly the most useful !. Reviews on the App Store are pretty damning, especially from people with "e" cars who rely on the app to tell them remaining charge etc apparently.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's really weird! I mean, I'd try just uninstalling and reinstalling the app (if you have an android phone, just clear the cache and storage in the app). Could be a caching issue in the app.

Out of interest, can you flash the lights using the app or does it just not work? If it doesn't, then doing the above might clear whatever issue the app has on the phone.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've removed the app and reinstalled. The light and horn activation works and all the driving data is there (though the dates are nonsense as it shows me as doing a 250 mile journey a month before I even collected the car).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.