Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldnt find where this question was asked prob within a post but...

On the infotainment screen go 'settings' then 'screen' then theres an option to turn off after 10seconds. Ive tried it works well. Finger near screen lights up again and 10seconds later off again. Hth whoever asked :D

Page13 in the infotainment manual.

Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
Very useful post, thank you 馃槉

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a recently as question but cant find it lol. Hope they see it

Super Moderator
silverhairs said:
Not sure what model radios you have, If it's the one with the two knobs, one either side, the volume on the left, just press that to turn it off.
Think the advice is in order to hear the radio/media without the display...

Registered
I think it was last week, some member came up with a site for a screen saver (finger prints) for the infotainment screen. Purchase one of these and on one side, either stick tape on it or spray it with paint, (not sure about if the paint will flex), but get 2" wide sticky tape and use that. With a craft knife, cut round where the control knobs are. You could over lap on the top and bottom edges, and that would make it easier to remove from the screen.
When not required, put it in a plastic bag, stopping the dust getting onto the screen side and keep it in your glove box. It's a simple solution if you cannot turn the screen off, A few quid for the screen saver, 2 foot (max) of 2" electricians tape, and a bit of your time !!!!!

How's that for an idea?

Registered
This is only helpful for those of us with the active info display, but I put the sat nav onto the active info display, between the two dials,
(It goes dark automatically).
I then select the sat nav again, which brings up a black screen with limited info in white wrIting which is less distracting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.