Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I've just bought a used 2020 T cross 1.0 TSI (95ps) S Hatchback. I drove it home from the VW dealer this evening. I was told it has android auto (and indeed it specifies it on Autotrader)
It may well be that I am just being dim, but there are no options on the infotainment system to use it. The menu just brings up the same connection options I had with my 2015 VW UP!

From the Autotrader description:
This car comes with
Exterior Features
Metallic paint
Safety
Front and rear parking sensor with ultrasonic
audible with audio volume reduction when activated and optical parking display via vehicle audio system
Black door mirrors
Audio / Communications
Wireless Car net app connect with Apple CarPlay
combined functionality of Apple CarPlay/Android Auto and MirrorLink

Am I missing something? If I connect my phone with the cable, it is fine for calls and music. But no App connect or android auto option.
If its just not there, is it possible to get some sore of an upgrade to the infotainment system? Gadget Automotive design Personal luxury car Communication Device Audio equipment

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello! In my T-Cross R-Line there is a button which says "App" on the right, just below "setup", where the "sound" button is. So I believe there is no Android Auto on the S unfortunately :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi guys,
I've just bought a used 2020 T cross 1.0 TSI (95ps) S Hatchback. I drove it home from the VW dealer this evening. I was told it has android auto (and indeed it specifies it on Autotrader)
It may well be that I am just being dim, but there are no options on the infotainment system to use it. The menu just brings up the same connection options I had with my 2015 VW UP!

From the Autotrader description:
This car comes with
Exterior Features
Metallic paint
Safety
Front and rear parking sensor with ultrasonic
audible with audio volume reduction when activated and optical parking display via vehicle audio system
Black door mirrors
Audio / Communications
Wireless Car net app connect with Apple CarPlay
combined functionality of Apple CarPlay/Android Auto and MirrorLink

Am I missing something? If I connect my phone with the cable, it is fine for calls and music. But no App connect or android auto option.
If its just not there, is it possible to get some sore of an upgrade to the infotainment system? View attachment 855
Hi did you get that sorted out?

Reading your post, it would seem that your dealership has done some real funky false advertising, so if it hasn't been sorted out, hold him accountable for that and make him replace the unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.