Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,
Could someone tell me how to position the interior light switches so that the lights come on when you open the door and go off when you close it?
Thank you for your answers.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi tempest (hugues)

For the lights to come on when you open the door, both switches need to be flat (photo 1) - they will light up when the doors open and stay on for around 10 seconds, or until you turn the ignition on.

If you push in either the switch closest to the nearest the windscreen, the reading light on that side will come on (photo 2)

If you push in the right hand switch (on a right hand drive car anyway) furthest away from the windscreen, the lights are off permanently and don't come on when you open the doors (photo 3). If you push in the left hand switch, both lights stay on permanently.

Neil

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Excellent description, well done.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
neilmanc said:
Hi tempest (hugues)

For the lights to come on when you open the door, both switches need to be flat (photo 1) - they will light up when the doors open and stay on for around 10 seconds, or until you turn the ignition on.

If you push in either the switch closest to the nearest the windscreen, the reading light on that side will come on (photo 2)

If you push in the right hand switch (on a right hand drive car anyway) furthest away from the windscreen, the lights are off permanently and don't come on when you open the doors (photo 3). If you push in the left hand switch, both lights stay on permanently.

Neil
Hi Neil,

Thanks once again for your help.

Nothing more to add, except that, as usual, you are always on top in the way you present and explain.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well described Neil. I knew it already, but it's a great and easily understood confirmation. Cheers-John

·
Registered
20 Posts
I noticed the lights in the photos are white, are these LED? On mine they are yellow. I would like to change them but not sure which to get as there are so many different types. Also do you just pop the clear lens out or do you have to remove the head console?

·
Registered
127 Posts
shmideo said:
I noticed the lights in the photos are white, are these LED? On mine they are yellow. I would like to change them but not sure which to get as there are so many different types. Also do you just pop the clear lens out or do you have to remove the head console?
They're the standard lights that were fitted to the car when I bought it, which as far as I can recall are LEDs both front and back on the United, SEL and R-Line in the UK.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.