Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Unfortunately I don't think that it can be permanently turned off..... I switch mine off each time I start the car via the display system..... I also switch off the stop/start, that drives me nuts..!...so I have a " start up procedure"...! Start engine, connect phone, fasten seat belt, switch off stop/start, switch off lane assist....select gear, prepare to move off..!.馃槀

Registered
My lane assist seems to activate around 38mph. However as I am sure you know when you indicate it seems to realise your action and not take over, just most noticeable if moving out to pass parked vehicles on the near side and not indicating.

Registered
Yes, this is how it is supposed to work. 38mph equals 60kph, which is what it says in my hand book. Indicating cancels, temporarily, the function. However, I find that "lane assist" is too intrusive, especially on narrow country roads. I switch it off as soon as I start driving, except on motorways and dual carriageways where it works well.

Registered
I don't mind lane assist it is easily overcome and doesn't put up a real fight. Likewise Auto stop start is fine, have noticed you don't need to depress the clutch to restart if you fiddle with the steering wheel the engine will start up.

Registered
Has anyone asked the dealer whether Lane Assist can be switched off as default by their technicians ?

Registered
Halin9 said:
Unfortunately I don't think that it can be permanently turned off..... I switch mine off each time I start the car via the display system..... I also switch off the stop/start, that drives me nuts..!...so I have a " start up procedure"...! Start engine, connect phone, fasten seat belt, switch off stop/start, switch off lane assist....select gear, prepare to move off..!.馃槀
Same procedure for me in all new cars i drive!
Star/Stop is a menace in many ways!

I want to buy T-Cross, that's why i am here....

By the way is it possible to turn off Automatic Emergency Braking (or whatever this thing is called) instead of only changing the sensitivity?

Registered
Was on the M20 today in the area where the lanes have been made narrow and a 50 Mph restriction the lane assist was on, but when any large HGV was near the Active info screen came up with the alarm "Take Control of the Steering" and activated audibly had not seen that before could have been the HGV was moving to close to me and suggesting I should move over, driving conditions were bad very heavy rain windy and poor visibility, anyone else had this experience with Lane Assist active.

Registered
Topcat said:
Was on the M20 today in the area where the lanes have been made narrow and a 50 Mph restriction the lane assist was on, but when any large HGV was near the Active info screen came up with the alarm "Take Control of the Steering" and activated audibly had not seen that before could have been the HGV was moving to close to me and suggesting I should move over, driving conditions were bad very heavy rain windy and poor visibility, anyone else had this experience with Lane Assist active.
Not got our T Cross yet, but in my Golf GTE only had this warning when I had my hands off the wheel for about 30 secs and had been letting the car do the steering.

Registered
I've had the " take over steering " warning come on too but cannot figure out why 馃檮 seems to do it when I'm on a straight road for a long time

Registered
It happens to me on the same stretch of 3 lane road every time I drive down it with both hand on the wheel. I assumed it's to do with the particular road markings.

Registered
I've seen that for the first time today and both hands were firmly on the steering wheel.

Registered
Lane assist can be a real nuisance in bad weather. Had a downpour the other day where the sides of the road were flooded so needed to drive (where possible) as close to the centre of the road. Car was fighting me all the way home for an hour. 馃檨

Will have to figure out how to quickly switch this off. Hopefully it's only one or two clicks.

Registered
Im totally fed up of it.
On several times, on wet greasy roads it has given scary moments by gently pulling off line when it sees an imaginary centreline....

I have it on my Tiguan and when I turn it off it stays off.
On most cars its on/off at the press of a button on a stalk.

Why the hell is it an awkward menu selection in the T-cross which then defaults back to on every time?

Cant wait for someone to figure out a way to code it off.....

Registered
Halin9 said:
It can be switched off easily via the centre display..
Is it permanent or has to be switched off each time?

Something to look out for once I get my T-Cross next Saturday.

Registered
It does have to be switched off each time....it's not a big problem though.... I switch that and stop/start whenever I set off..

Registered
I've had my T-Cross for two weeks now and I'm surprised to say that I personally like the lane assist - it's obviously very subjective. So far it's not caused me any real problems on motorways, A roads or country roads. The only very minor irritation is that when indicating to change lane (nudging stalk rather than fully engaging it) on the motorway, the lane assist sometimes tries to alert me. However it's so easy to override with a slight tweak of the steering wheel.

It will be interesting how it handles temporary lanes during motorway road works, perhaps then I'll switch it off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts