Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I started this the other day, then forgot. My lane assist has not come on in days. I might well have touched something on the steering wheel the other day, but when I went out today, I made sure I didn't. Also today, no stop start.

I definitely didn't turn that off. Is there something else that might be disabling them?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Stop start should always be reanabled when ever you start the car, I didn't think it was possible to permanently turn it off.

The Stop/Start functionality will sometimes not engage depending on conditions such as the engine being too cold, or the air-con running etc.

Same (or so I thought) with Lane Assist, it can be turned of temporarily, but is auto enabled on vehicle restart. I can't think of a single thing that would auto disable Lane Assist...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm that's what I thought. I did have air on on yesterday but other day, I didn't. I will be nipping out today or tomorrow in the day, will look to see also if for some reason, disabled still on the screen menu

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
There's a whole load of conditions to be met before the engine stops, from outside air temperature, whether inside temperature is within the range you have set, etc. But the most important is state of battery charge, which you can't find out. Are you doing any long runs to fully charge it?

Also, (which I didn't realise as I've had SS on cars since 2012, but it's not on my Tig but new to me on the cross) it's monitoring the steering wheel, and ANY movement will prevent the engine stopping or will restart the engine if it has stopped.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, not long runs, probably not likely either coming up. However, when I picked the car up, it had done none yet the SS was on.

i will look later at what is showing in the menus in case somehow it is off.

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
380 Posts
My stop/start hasn't activated during the Covid lock down, obviously not enough charge. The lane assist only triggers above mid 30mph and doesn't trigger if the indicator is on either.

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Ffiscool said:
No, not long runs, probably not likely either coming up. However, when I picked the car up, it had done none yet the SS was on.

i will look later at what is showing in the menus in case somehow it is off.
They'd probably had it on charge during pdi.

Lane assist engages above 37 mph, and disengages at 22 mph.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd only ever had one stop start before but that was always on

All makes sense, thank you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.