Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I was being quoted 30+ weeks for a factory order. I'm now told that "things are improving" but I remain skeptical. Is three months now realistic for a factory order?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered mine 30th June 2021 (factory order) and it was delivered to me on 30th September which was earlier than they'd originally suggested. They told me T-Cross had nowhere near the wait time as other VW models. This was Stourbridge Volkswagen. Would be interested to know myself the current waiting time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered on 15 November 2021, never heard anything until I contacted them on 20th March 2022, they replied back 21 March 2022 showing "Original build week 21, "current build week 23".

Since it was getting near or passed that time with no update since, I asked again a few days ago and just been updated today showing that "orginal build week 31" - "current build week 37".

I imagine if I asked in January then the real "original build week" would have probably been before week 21.

So just from what I know the build week has been moved from Late May until Mid September so far.

Im wondering if I should cancel the order. 3 months ago I was told the build week was like 3 month later, only to 3 months later ask again and be told the build week is pretty much 3 months later. So how can a car possibly be delayed 3 months over 3 months???

It's crazy waiting times, used to be like 6-8 weeks from ordering a car to using it, now i've waited 7 and a half months to be told basically at least 2 and a half months which i'd bet is probably going to be closer to double that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've now been quoted between 30 and 60 weeks for a factory order T-Cross depending on model. Some built in Spain are less restricted than those dependent on components from eastern Europe.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ordered on 15 November 2021, never heard anything until I contacted them on 20th March 2022, they replied back 21 March 2022 showing "Original build week 21, "current build week 23".

Since it was getting near or passed that time with no update since, I asked again a few days ago and just been updated today showing that "orginal build week 31" - "current build week 37".

I imagine if I asked in January then the real "original build week" would have probably been before week 21.

So just from what I know the build week has been moved from Late May until Mid September so far.

Im wondering if I should cancel the order. 3 months ago I was told the build week was like 3 month later, only to 3 months later ask again and be told the build week is pretty much 3 months later. So how can a car possibly be delayed 3 months over 3 months???

It's crazy waiting times, used to be like 6-8 weeks from ordering a car to using it, now i've waited 7 and a half months to be told basically at least 2 and a half months which i'd bet is probably going to be closer to double that.
I would hang in there as whilst frustrating a lot of the car manufacturers are in the same position with long lead times. It will be worth the wait!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Barry77, I ordered in January and cancelled last month due to endless shrugs of the shoulder by VW. They said I would definitely have the car in September and now they have no idea when. Given that you ordered 2 months before me, I know I did the right thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts