Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, had the car 2 weeks but last night was the first time driven in the dark. The dipped lights are fine but the main beam seems too high. The SEL is supposed to have auto adjustment ?
Any info will be appreciated.

David

·
Registered
66 Posts
What info do you want?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi

Haven't got my SEL with LED lights yet but from what I understand automatic levelling is just that. The headlights will level based on weight within the vehicle etc. So the headlights will always be level.

Even with auto levelling headlights can be adjusted wrong. If you are concerned I would pop back to the dealer. Headlight adjustment is normally a couple of screws.... but not something you want to mess with on your own.

Cheers

Simon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, thank you. I have definately no intention of messing with anything which for me always turns out badly, and I will be seeing my dealer soon.
Thought someone might have a hint as to what was happening.

David

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If anyone has an interest, had the car back to dealer twice, first time they said diagnostic showed no fault and could do nothing but would seek advice from VW.
Second time they have 'fixed it with their computer'
The result is that the main beam is lower but not quite enough and the dip is far too short. I am at a loss now other than not driving at night.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not an overly comprehensive test but went for a drive in the dark. Headlights seem fine. High beam looks high... But I think it may be more to do with the way LEDs have a sharper cut off.

Here's a low and high beam pic from my dash cam.

Building Automotive lighting Street light Window Road surface

Atmosphere Automotive lighting Building Window Car

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the pics. Your lights are a world better than mine, I have a distinct unlit area between dip and high beam so something is very wrong that dealer cant see. Had dozens of cars over the years and never once seen anything like this.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The photos give the impression that Full/high beam adds extra illumination higher up eg Both beams are on, which is what I might expect.
Get my T-Cross next week, will be interested to see how the LED headlights compare with the Bi-Xenon headlights on my Yeti which are superb.
With the Bi-Xenons if used with the headlight switch set to AUTO the beam shape adapts for different scenarios.
Is this the same for LEDs ?
Really missing having access to a downloaded Users Manual for the T-Cross !

·
Registered
116 Posts
Don't think the LEDs work the same as the Yetis zenons. You don't get the dance at switch on or the cornering function.

That said drobe 160 miles in the dark on Friday. Mix of motorway and a roads and didn't find the LEDs lacking in any way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used my t cross last night for the first time in the dark . I tried to use the auto dipping headlight facility but nothing happened until I reached 37mph which on most of our country roads is unsafe , I feel cheated as I expected it to work as it does on our Jaguar F pace with works at any speed , has anyone got any solutions please

·
Registered
424 Posts
I only have self levelling head lights on my SEL, which work fine.. The auto dipping is not an option I chose.. The only observation I would make is that it is a little unfair to compare it with a car that's twice the price.. The 37 mph thing also applies to "lane assist" so the software must be similar.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.