Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my car now for 3 months now and only just discovered that by locking the doors by touching the spot on the drivers or passengers front door and it only activates the door locks, it does not lock the boot lid. It seems like you have to use the remote to make sure you lock the boot.
Southozi

·
Registered
76 Posts
Are you sure?

I know that with mine if I lock the car via the remote and then walk around to the boot I can open the boot but the rest of the car stays locked (mirrors folded etc). But, if I lock the car via the remote and then move the remote 10+ metres away and then come back and try to open the boot I find its locked.

From what I have experienced the keyless entry allows you to open the boot if you have the remote on you without unlocking the rest of the car.

However I have trouble getting the keyless locking functionality to work. I seem to have to stand around for 30+ seconds after getting out of the car before touching the handle actually locks the car, at which point its just quicker to press the lock button on the remote and walk off.

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Regarding the boot locking, I'd have to agree with above, try leaving your keys behind when you go round and try the boot.

I also concur that the locking spot on the handle is very finicky and you have to try different positions of the hand to get it to work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Regarding locking the car, I find I have to lay my palm horizontally across the handle to ensure it locks. I do find this locks it straight away though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks Tricky and MPRTroc

Awww damn... now I am going to have to go and spend who knows how long out in my garage locking and unlocking the car "experimenting".

I can hear my significant other muttering about my behaviour already... :)

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Another way to confirm, as I've just done it and remembered, watch your indicators as you operate the boot handle. They'll blink once to show it's unlocking part of the car. They'll blink again seconds after you close it to confirm relock.

EDIT: Glint... You may gave caught the discussion from a previous thread, if your cross is MY20 build (maybe applies before but I don't know) the keys go to sleep if not moved for around 15 minutes, meaning they can't be cloned if left on the hall, table.

If your cars in garage, go in, out your keys in the floor beside the door and check you can lock unlock it. Leave them there, come BBC ack 20 mins later and try again without touching the keys. Shouldn't unlock till you move your keys.

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
I also confirmed, accidentally, you can't lock the car if the keys are in the passenger space. Went out the other day, chucked the keys in the drinks holder between the seats. Drove into town, got out and tried to lock the car. It wouldn't. Then i remembered the keys, reached in and grabbed them and it would then lock fine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My 5yr old discovered the lock sensor on the vehicle. They love it!

I'm one of those old fashioned/paranoid types, who likes to check the handle to know it's locked....

Anyway, watch out that doors and boot closed properly with keyless system. Last week I noticed the mirrors folded but alarm didn't set. After much investigation discovered something small across the boot threshold - boot had closed and locked but was very slightly deformed out of shape and alarm hadn't set in the vehicle. I put the keys some distance away and checked all the locks and it was definitely locked but there was no beep or indication that the alarm had not set other than lack of flash, which if you're Ealing away abd listening for the clunk is not obvious

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.