Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new T cross 1.0 tsi automatic. Happy with it so far but every time I turn the ignition on I get a message saying it is set on the maximum privacy setting. I have to press ok to clear it. It is a bit irritating.
How do I stop this message appearing all the time

Thanks
David B

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the same query but cant seem to sort it out even though I am Primary User with my Privacy setting as Share Everywhere.

I have asked about this on the Troc Forum and received a few suggestions regarding Profile setting etc. so its worth having a look there.

If you find a solution please post it on here.

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Having the same issue. I changed it but after I restarted the car it went back to maximum setting. I am in Malta, not sure if this relates to EU gdpr (just a thought)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah mine is exactly the same. Change it then start the car and it appears again. Frustrating isnt it? Someone must know or does it have to go to a VW dealer to get it sorted?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've definitely managed to stop mine coming up with the message at switch on but can't for the life of me remember how I did it. Will have a bit of a play with the settings when I am next in the car and see if I can figure it out, but it definitely is possible to do it. All I see when I switch on is the "Welcome Neil" screen (with an OK which disappears if you do nothing), then an option to choose which phone to connect to CarPlay if both of us are in the car at the same time

Will report back ....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi again. I had a good fiddle with all the settings yesterday and can't figure out how I managed to get the pop-up to disappear.

I'm almost certain that if you have it set to Maximum Privacy you always get the pop-up. You need to change the privacy settings so that the emergency call and breakdown buttons in the car work, and also so that WeConnect works. I have mine set to the lowest level (I think it is Share Location) and I'm pretty sure that once I set myself up as the Primary User and went through the authentication process with both keys in the car and changed the privacy settings the pop-up disappeared.

Basically the pop-up saying you are on maximum privacy is reminding you that many of the car's systems won't work properly

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi

I'm primary user, have done the key authentication, am set up with WeConnect and received sat nav update over the internet and set my privacy to the lowest level Share Location but still get the pop-up to tell me that my privacy level is Share Location that I remove by pressing OK.

I'll just live with it now I think but would be happy with just a radio and media player rather than all the unnecessary tech stuff that takes away rather than enhances the car for me.
I wanted the 1.5 so had to get the SEL or R Line which included the Sat Nav but the inability to enter a postcode search and have it found as an address rather than Offroad with co-ordinates is another minus point for VW. I wouldnt advise anyone to pay extra for the Sat Nav.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi

Okay I've solved the problem in my own way of the annoying pop-up when I start the car.

I just leave the radio on when I switch the ignition off and when I start the car I just get the radio coming on with no pop-up to remove.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts