Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i noticed on the T Cross FB page someone was mentioning a mis-aligned steering wheel. I have this problem currently its not a mega problem but just annoying as when travelling in a straight line the centre line the steering wheel is slightly to the right of centre. I had this problem ages back on a VW Golf and it was corrected by having the Steering Geometry corrected it was not cheap i seem to remember. One other comment was that perhaps the Lane Assist was to blame but i have to say that its not the case with mine. Anyone else noticed this problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's likely just the tracking and alignment that need sorted , not big issue really; generally easy to get it done whenever you have need to change front tyre. The first pothole you hit will in all probability knock it out again .

·
Registered
412 Posts
Check the wheel angles lock to lock. This may give an indication if it's the wheel out of line or the tracking. If the angles are mirror images lock to lock, the wheel's on straight and it's tracking. You say ex demo, was it like this from when you took ownership?

The wheel would have been fitted correctly at the factory, so it could be it's had a hard kerbing which has affected the wheel geometry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts