Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just driven a 400 mile round trip. I have a 69 plate T-cross 1.0L 115 HP (i have 10,250 miles on the clock).

Genuinely, the onboard computer tells me I got 61.5 miles average MPG by the time I got back.

Full disclosure;- the car is manual and the trip is M27, A34, M40, A43, M1 to Nottingham. so its almost entirely dual carriageway or motorway. I set out Friday at 6:15 PM the temperature was 12 degrees C, it was raining for the first hour of the drive then drizzle for about another 1/2 hour. I drove at 56MPH (set on ACC). I had Aircon on only as I needed it to keep the windscreen clear. chatted to my partner all the way. it took 3hrs 45 mins. Traffic was not busy.

Whilst there we drove about 15 miles about the city over the weekend. could not find anywhere with fuel (not that we looked that hard)

I set off back on Sunday about 6.30 pm, no air con needed as it was not raining. set car at 56MPH and just sat there, it took about 4 hours this time.

Before I started the journey, i inflated the tyres to the max pressure on the car door, I the necked the tank. When I arrived back home I had 80 mils in the tank having drove 415 miles. I filled up again necked it & it took £45 worth at £1.419 per ltr

No lies, or exaggerations, we were both stunned. what an engine this car has.

can someone else try a trip like this to see if it can be replicated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the answer is that you set cruise control at 56 mph.......that's probably the most economical speed. Very few people , me included, would be patient enough to sit at that steady speed..!
Just shows though, being steady pays off...well done...
Exactly, also if you run the car at a constant speed (which is only really possible on quiet roads with ACC set) this little engine seems to increase the fuel economy after about 5-10 mins of constant speed. I don`t know if it shuts a cylinder down or something? whatever it does, it is cool to get over 500 real miles out of a 40ltr tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.