Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a T-Cross, 11 months old. Black metallic effect paint work. Glossy and good condition paintwork. After a journey of about 40 miles in the rain, sides of front doors now plastered in road dirt and dust. Are mud flaps a solution to this please? Not going to bother with the expense if they are not effective even partially. Any one else fitted them after purchase and noticed an improvement? Many thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have mud flaps fitted on my T-cross from new, fitted at the dealer before collection.

The only thing I will say, is that the genuine VW mud flaps are quite small, and I still get mud and stuff plastered up the sides of the car.

Also, I am seeing damage to the plastic coviering the sills just in front of the rear wheels, which I do wonder is due the the front mudflaps changing the air flow or something along the side of the car. I started a thread about this a while ago..

https://www.tcrossforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=439

·
Registered
16 Posts
Living in the country in the UK my T Cross sills, doors etc. were getting covered in mud that tractors have left on the road from working on the fields.

I purchased some genuine VW mudflaps, yes they are small but they work. The mudflaps are now covered in the mud and the car is a lot cleaner.

So in my opinion a definite positive item to install.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone, i use a mixture of roads so I think they will be worth it if it only stops some of the muck spread! Would only fit genuine VW parts so no problems there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts