Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway I can copy my music CDs unto something and plug it into the USB socket and play them using the “app button” on the radio/sat nav display?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Years ago I "ripped" all of my CD's onto iTunes which is now Apple Music and they form part of my Library on that streaming service. I assume that's what you can still do with Apple Music or Spotify etc. Of course you have a monthly subscription cost which is less than the cost of one CD purchase per month. It then plays via the "app" button where you can choose from your library or other music that you download as part of your subscription. Of course the music will be on your iPhone or Android device which you have to connect via a cable into your USB socket or wirelessly if you have that option. As an iPhone user I can ask Siri to play a particular song or album, or you can use the screen to navigate through the music menu of your preferred provider. Cheers-John

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Years ago I "ripped" all of my CD's onto iTunes which is now Apple Music and they form part of my Library on that streaming service. I assume that's what you can still do with Apple Music or Spotify etc. Of course you have a monthly subscription cost which is less than the cost of one CD purchase per month. It then plays via the "app" button where you can choose from your library or other music that you download as part of your subscription. Of course the music will be on your iPhone or Android device which you have to connect via a cable into your USB socket or wirelessly if you have that option. As an iPhone user I can ask Siri to play a particular song or album, or you can use the screen to navigate through the music menu of your preferred provider. Cheers-John
Thanks John that’s just what I am looking for I will use my iPhone thanks again

Reactions: AussieJohn

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have just copied music I had on the PC onto a USB-C memory stick and plugged it in to the USB port, then use the forward/back buttons on the steering wheel to skip tracks, seems to work very well for anyone who doesn't for any reason have music on their phones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts