Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Would like to hear if anybody has noticed the following on their T-Cross?

Both my door seals on front side have been eaten by inner door cladding and will now need replacing but alas the same will happen again if the tolerances between cladding and rubber is not corrected. What the heck - one never ever replaces door seals under warranty!!!!!!!!!

Seriously - WORST VW I have ever owned - far too many faults withing 18 months and its a visit to the garage every second month under warranty.

I have the brochure version in R-line in Makena green with all the trimmings. 115HK engine with DSG.

This car has had huge errors with light assist, refusing to start sometimes because of faulty camshaft sensors, went from 85 mph to 30 mph on motorway without warning as a fuel injector failed, water in boot, and now a more serious error with the seals around door. We had minus 16 degrees here in DK in February and man did i freeze in this car - knee frozen by what felt like cold air coming in under the steering column. Likewise, the passenger mirror broke because the motor froze in these extreme temperatures.

Dealer looking into my case today as I am asking for two years extended unlimited guarantee on this car. Car built in April 2018 - introduction model for EU market.

This is my 6 th VW in succession and probably my LAST!

this car cost €44,000 - and is sub - standard of what one expects from wolfsburg /VW.

Go for a Polo - its tried and tested :)

regards

Kieran

·
Registered
412 Posts
I really think you've suffered from issues with an early build. Ours was Dec 19 and we've not had a single issue.

Are the door gaps at the front edge noticeably wider?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My guess too as this is a full blown top of range introduction model .. only 38 in Denmark. Bbought used with 4000 km on clock. Am awaiting dealer to reply as I am seeking an entrance two years warranty. Do you know if others have suffered? Regards Kieran

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dealer now claims that this is normal wear and tear and Customer induced damage. Am currently making a film that shows clearly that any person never comes into contact with the seal as the seals are outward facing...

Note : electric window mechanism failed last year and can see that panelling may not sit snugly against door. Maybe the reason but why is right door failing too?

Been told by local VW dealers repair manager that my car and I have / are a huge liability for their dealership!

Case now with CEO and looking for extended warranty as this car has been back to workshop roughly every 70 since purchase.

Debating if I should just hand back the keys and walk away from purchase agreement or live with a car that has had many faults and may continue to do so......

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dealer has agreed to change seals under warranty but UTTERLY refuses to investigate as to why they have failed.

Have now filmed 6 people, with permission, getting in and out of car without informing them of why. Only AFTER the exercise are they informed as to why the filming.

Needless to say - NONE came into contact with the seals.

Very interested to hear if I am the only person with this early model and this error.

Guarantee up next week and am considering removing the inner panel and sanding dwon the tail edge of panelling with 1000 sandpaper so that its totally smooth ... considering .... considering...... Leading edge not causing chaffing of rubber.

Ideas and knowledge greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kieran

·
Registered
412 Posts
Certainly not getting this on ours after 18 months. Are you sure it's the edge of the door card coming into contact? It looks like it could be the trim stuck to the door frame for some reason, but then you ought to see deposits on the door face.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2019 t-cross and my door seals have gone the same. Reported at two year service yesterday. Have been told can't be replaced under warranty and that it's wear and tear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts