Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my T Cross new with only 6 miles on the clock 4 weeks ago, on Wednesday the EPC and engine management lights came on and the engine was running lumpy i phoned VW assist who sent out the AA the patrol man said it was a fault with the injection system shutting down. On Thursday morning i phoned my local dealer who said that they would not recover the car and to phone Vw assist so i phoned them and they said to drive the car to the dealership, after a long argument with Vw assist they agreed to recover the car yesterday and took it to the dealership. I phoned the dealership at 3pm today as they said they would phone this morning with an update but never did only to be told that the car had just gone into the workshop. I got a call from the dealership at 5.15 saying they had found the fault and it was the spark plugs and would have to order a set and the car would not be ready until Monday. I can’t believe that a main dealer doesn’t hold a set of spark plugs and think this is disgraceful service from VW.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I brought my T Cross new with only 6 miles on the clock 4 weeks ago, on Wednesday the EPC and engine management lights came on and the engine was running lumpy i phoned VW assist who sent out the AA the patrol man said it was a fault with the injection system shutting down. On Thursday morning i phoned my local dealer who said that they would not recover the car and to phone Vw assist so i phoned them and they said to drive the car to the dealership, after a long argument with Vw assist they agreed to recover the car yesterday and took it to the dealership. I phoned the dealership at 3pm today as they said they would phone this morning with an update but never did only to be told that the car had just gone into the workshop. I got a call from the dealership at 5.15 saying they had found the fault and it was the spark plugs and would have to order a set and the car would not be ready until Monday. I can’t believe that a main dealer doesn’t hold a set of spark plugs and think this is disgraceful service from VW.
That's VW to a tee! You get nowhere with them! I've a couple of fights with them but I have decent dealer!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's VW to a tee! You get nowhere with them! I've a couple of fights with them but I have decent dealer!
This is the second T cross I’ve had the first one was a 69 plate with 2400 miles when I purchased it it was in the garage so many times i lost count for water ingress and the alarm going off every 90 seconds and the dealership couldn’t find the fault in the end they agreed to take the car back and give me a new one, I should have learnt the first time.

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Sorry you've been so unlucky, ours has been faultless these last 23 months. Can't comprehend the dealership not holding spark plugs, unless it's the ignition packs that sit on the spark plugs, which sounds more likely given the symptoms.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry you've been so unlucky, ours has been faultless these last 23 months. Can't comprehend the dealership not holding spark plugs, unless it's the ignition packs that sit on the spark plugs, which sounds more likely given the symptoms.
The lady at the dealership said it was the spark plugs, Don’t get me wrong maybe I’ve been unlucky with the two cars and i really like the T Cross but the way the dealership and Vw have delt with all this has been shocking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The plot thickens i had a call from the dealership this morning to say that the car was repaired but they wanted to keep it until tomorrow to make sure it was ok, my wife checked on the We connect app tonight to discover the car was parked up 22 miles away in a village called silso. I drove over there and my car was parked on someone’s driveway i took a picture of it as i think this is disgraceful behaviour by the dealership letting an employee take a customers car home.

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Absolutely, I can understand a test drive, but not taking it home. You should have driven it away and waited for the call from them :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Absolutely, I can understand a test drive, but not taking it home. You should have driven it away and waited for the call from them :D
This is cowboy behaviour and worthy of a complaint to VW and whoever is the Government regulator in your country. The least they could have done is notified you that it was going to happen; it lacks common courtesy. Cheers-John

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Gibbo66, what's the dealers response?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.