Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of a T-Cross Est 1.0 TSI 115 SE DSG White in May 2019 having returned a T ROC 1.5 EVO to the VW Dealer I bought in May 2018 as the engine had a fault. Read the T ROC forums and you will see what the problem was with an engine that kangarooed in 1st gear.

The T Cross although fitted with a smaller engine than the T ROC is proving itself to be more than willing little car and to date I would have no problem in recommending it to any prospective buyers.

Regards s10cbm, Gloucestershire

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi there S10cbm,

Interesting to read that you went from a T-Roc 1.5 Evo to the T-Cross 1.0 TSI..

I initially had a T-Roc 1.5 Evo on order, but due to long delays and concerns over the 'Kangarooing' reported on the 1.5 Evo I changed to the T-Cross 1.0 TSI (mainly because my wife preferred the smaller T-Cross).

I have concerns over the little 1.0 TSI but it seemed fine on the various test drives that I had.

So how do you think the two cars compare, you say the T-Cross is a willing little car, is it as much fun as the larger T-Roc 1.5 Evo ?

Really good to hear that you recommend the T-Cross, as I get mine on 1st August after a long journey that started with the T-Roc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,

The T Roc when it was not misbehaving gave a magic carpet ride on motorways and A Class roads although I noticed it did not ride over speed bumps without giving a harsh bone shaking jolt.

The t Cross on the other hand seems to float over the speed humps without jolting the passengers. I had four people in the car, wife, daughter and six foot three son in law plus dog last Sunday on a trip around the Cotswolds with its steep and narrow roads and the car performed faultlessly. The t cross certainly does not seem underpowered to me although I can cheat on occasions by putting the automatic gear box into sport mode for that little extra when overtaking say going uphill on a dual carriageway

The t Cross I also find very easy to park within the lines say at a supermarket something I sometimes failed to do with the T Roc.

To summarise I would say the T Cross is very much a fun car equally at home on roads around the Cotswolds or on the M5.

Count your blessings that you did not buy a flawed T Roc which it seems VW have still to find a fix

Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.