Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all
Recently bought new 2020 T Line to replace much loved CRV as wife wanted something smaller. So far am underwhelmed and wonder if I have a lemon. Car is going back to dealer on Tuesday for replacement air con compressor as current one faulty and makes annoying noise. Only one key provided and hoping to get second also on Tuesday. Engine sounds like a diesel when first pull away - normal? Transmission whine exists as others have pointed out. Cannot identify all noises as want to get air con sorted first. Is it a noisy engine/transmission? I like the size and it has potential but currently feel short changed.

·
Registered
413 Posts
You don't say which engine you have: We have the 1.0 petrol DSG, many times the misses comments about how you can barely hear the engine running, it sounds like an electric car! No transmission noise either. If you put your foot down it does sound gruff, but only whilst wellying. One back to normal driving it's quiet again.

On my experience i'd be requesting a test drive in a similar engine, with a view to rejecting. It just sounds odd, only one key, and airco problems from getgo.

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
360 Posts
Totally agree with those comments, very happy with mine, and was given boxed set of 2 keys on collection day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry should have said that it's the 1.0 DSG. The car only came to Oz in 2020 I think, so 3 or 4 years behind Europe. Hoped that these sorts of issues would have been resolved before it came here.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Tricky2 said:
You don't say which engine you have: We have the 1.0 petrol DSG, many times the misses comments about how you can barely hear the engine running, it sounds like an electric car! No transmission noise either. If you put your foot down it does sound gruff, but only whilst wellying. One back to normal driving it's quiet again.

On my experience i'd be requesting a test drive in a similar engine, with a view to rejecting. It just sounds odd, only one key, and airco problems from getgo.
Agree with Tricky. The engine is amazingly quiet especially at idle - really hard to tell when start/stop kills the engine. The 3 cylinder engine does have a distinctive note but it was the same on the 3 cylinder Fiat I had as well. Under hard acceleration (pulling onto a fast motorway junction for example) there is a bit of grunt but once you ease off the pedal it's fine.

My car is manual so can't comment on the transmission noise however.

As others have said I'd ask for a test drive (assuming you didn't have one before purchase) for a few hours in a similar engine/gearbox spec to compare against

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
360 Posts
Yes, mine is 1.0 3 cyl DSG, all happy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have just had my first service , 12 months to the day, and 6700 kms. No complaints whatsoever. We are really happy with the car. The service dept. said ït was just like new. Happy enough with the car I paid for the 5 year service package. Seemed pretty good value to me as long as I keep the car for 5 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts