Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the Configurator today Configure your Volkswagen | Volkswagen UK it looks very tempting.
A lot more comes as standard compared to my T Cross, but then it is a bit more expensive.
Interior improvements include a soft feel dash.
Slightly different in overall size. It is longer to ensure no loss of headroom in the rear.
There is a Taigo forum laid out in the old style format, but I expect that will change in time..

Reactions: AussieJohn

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Misses (who's car the 'cross is) says nice, but not enough to get her to change.

Reactions: AussieJohn

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
380 Posts
Yes, the soft dash is a huge improvement.
Personally though I prefer the T Cross at the back.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The dash is missing that handy tray where I would put my glasses, but there is now a glasses compartment above the interior mirror, and the screen is now slightly angled towards the driver.
Other improvements include the LEDs for the side assist are no longer little orange icons on the mirror glass, and are now are on the mirror stem.
There is no Rear Traffic Assist with automatic braking which is on my current T Cross. However, it does have other kit as standard, such as Traffic jam assist, park assist ect,
My car will be 3 years old in October, and with uncertainty about lead times I have opted to change to a Taigo in good time.
Just before Christmas seemed a good time to look, and managed to get a deal I was happy with. This included the £500 deposit contribution, a full tank of petrol, another £400 off the new car, and a decent (fixed) trade in price.
I later got a spare wheel (normally an option @ £95) thrown in, but that’s another story.
Lead time was quoted as 20 weeks, although the order summary quotes 31st July.
Originally ordered a 1.5 dsg R Line in Kings Red, but changed to Pure White with a Black pearl roof which is in fact cheaper
Also added a Panoramic roof, which deleted the roof rails which I thought made it look a little top heavy anyway.
Now just need to tell the kids that I have spent some more of their inheritance money….

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Reactions: Digitalracer

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks nice, is the seating height much lower than the T-~Cross, that’s what’s worrying me because my wife needs a high seating position and T-Cross is about right. Any lower than that would be a no no.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the same concern for both me and my wife, I tried one in the showroom and it seemed fine.
Whilst the roof line is slightly lower, the ground clearance is the same so I assume the seat height is as well.
We both like the seat set to its highest position, and I suspect that I may brush my head on the way out,
The rear bench seat is no longer movable, but being about 7” longer overall there is plenty of headroom in the rear,
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well, what I have read, it's seat height is between Polo and T-Cross, so lower than the latter, it's no go for me.

-eelis-

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am hoping it is only the roofline that is lower than the T Cross, (hence lower than the T Cross but higher than the Polo).
The Taigo is built is on the same platform as the T Cross, and if the ground clearance is the same, and you have the Comfort seats as in the Style and R Line all should be well.
I agree about the dark interior, which encouraged me to order it with the Panoramic sunroof.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The inside put me off considering the Taigo - why do car companies think we all want black and dark interiors? Black roof linings, black seats, black everything. I much prefer a light and airy cabin with light headlining, light coloured seating and only a black dashboard to set it all off. Baffles me!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
="Daytel, post: 6299, member: 92"]
The dash is missing that handy tray where I would put my glasses, but there is now a glasses compartment above the interior mirror, and the screen is now slightly angled towards the driver.
Other improvements include the LEDs for the side assist are no longer little orange icons on the mirror glass, and are now are on the mirror stem.
There is no Rear Traffic Assist with automatic braking which is on my current T Cross. However, it does have other kit as standard, such as Traffic jam assist, park assist ect,
My car will be 3 years old in October, and with uncertainty about lead times I have opted to change to a Taigo in good time.
Just before Christmas seemed a good time to look, and managed to get a deal I was happy with. This included the £500 deposit contribution, a full tank of petrol, another £400 off the new car, and a decent (fixed) trade in price.
I later got a spare wheel (normally an option @ £95) thrown in, but that’s another story.
Lead time was quoted as 20 weeks, although the order summary quotes 31st July.
Originally ordered a 1.5 dsg R Line in Kings Red, but changed to Pure White with a Black pearl roof which is in fact cheaper
Also added a Panoramic roof, which deleted the roof rails which I thought made it look a little top heavy anyway.
Now just need to tell the kids that I have spent some more of their inheritance money….

View attachment 886
Just a quick update, and a goodbye.
Collected my Taigo last week, and it does have rear Cross Traffic Alert despite not being advertised.
I won’t bore with all the plus points of which there are many, but just to mention some differences namely:
No sliding rear bench seat (no surprise)
No self levelling headlights - back to a manual knob near the light switch.
No height adjustment on the front armrest which is irritating because as you get older you need to jiffel about a bit to settle in, and you are lop sided.
Whilst the roof line is 2 - 3“ lower, the true hight of the seat is only 2 cm. lower than the T Cross, and is hardly
noticeable. In fact, my wife prefers it as she can put her feet onto the ground without sliding down first. I’m not saying she is short, but she is the only woman I know that can sit on the kerb, and dangle her feet in the gutter.
Plenty of headroom in the rear, and good boot space.
The boot lid is easier to reach, and is easier to close.
Spare wheel is now a T125 x 70 x R18, so a bit skinny.

I first thought it was going to be a T Cross with a sloping roof, but it so very different in interior build quality, looks, handling, and level of equipment,
Thats it,
Bye bye

Reactions: Digitalracer
1 - 12 of 12 Posts