Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Picked up my T-Cross this morning and later found there are no SD slots or a CD player, just a plastic blanking where the CD is normally :shock:.
Checked with my dealership and they said VW have done away with it and as mine is a 2021 model it's not included, so I have to use my phone, spotify etc. Very disappointed. Just checking, Is this true?
I read somewhere you can get a USB-C dongle with 128 Gb (or less maybe), anyone tried this?

Also the front parking sensors, I have to press the button to activate, switch off all the time, is this normal?

Sorry for all the questions, my first day with this fantastic car!

Thanks

·
Registered
413 Posts
No problem with questions, we've all got to learn.

CD was removed possibly before the Cross was released, SD slots removed last year. But yes you still have a USB C port below the heater controls and can still load music from a memory stick there.

Front parking sensors should activate automatically if you approach something slowly. If you just go straight up and stop, they won't come on, but if you slow to a crawl, then move forward they should come on.

Couple of things to check out threads on are, lane following and how to turn it off, and the ECO symbol and coasting.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just to echo Tricky2's comments - my United has front and rear parking sensors and they just activate automatically. May be worth checking the ASSIST menu options in the Infotainment unit to ensure they are all enabled.

Re music I just stream from my phone connected via CarPlay and never missed not having a CD unit

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
360 Posts
Luckily I have both the CD player plus the card slots which combined with the low mileage due to Covid shielding have probably dissuaded me changing to a newer car anytime soon. My old Volvo had a 6cd player so virtually an endless supply of music!!
Front and rear sensors were standard with the SEL, I did upgrade to automatic parking as that was a £150 option, although not used it it's there if needed at a low cost. I do find the sensors are possibly a little to harsh, but guess better safe than sorry, although they did lock on as someone edged out of their drive which took me by surprise, and must have panicked the car behind!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Well well, even us old hands get confused, ours does have the CD player. Was convinced we only had the SD slots.

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
360 Posts
🧐 😂 😂 👍

·
Registered
21 Posts
If I could give you mine I would. It will *never* be used. Music magpied all my CD's years ago!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Most cars these days don't come with CD player anymore as most of us use USB memory drives or bluetooth/car play audio sources. I'm surprised it took VW that long to remove them, other manufacturers have removed them years ago. On that note I also have a CD, 2 SD slots and 2 USB ports in my 2020 T-Cross SEL. The CD and SD I never used them as I play all music off my phone or a USB stick.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The CD and SD I never used them as I play all music off my phone or a USB stick.
Can't say I have ever used the CD player in my T-Cross, but the SD slot is in constant use. Rather then fiddling around with my phone, plugging it in, waiting for Android Auto to connect, or waiting for the bluetooth to sync etc, I found it far more useful to just load up a 64Gb SD card with all my music, album art, tags etc, all in FLAC or very high VBR MP3 format. Its instantly available when I turn the car on, its easy to navigate, play random, nice album covers on the media screen (or the digital dash if I running in that mode), and no drop outs when I travel away from the city.

That said, I do already have all my music on my server at home all labelled, tagged, sorted etc, so copying practically all of it onto a SD wasn't that hard.

I'm so glad I got the earlier T-Cross, not having a SD slot would drive me nuts. A USB stick would do in a pinch, but its nice having it all tucked away in the glove box.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found the solution to the lack of SD slots on mine. I purchased a small USB-C to USB A converter, works great, album artwork also displays fine.
The 32Gb mini usb I had is better as it does not get in the way. For those who might be interested the head unit works fine with NTFS format.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You know what would be great for that emty slot? Maybe another small storage compartment seems like a waste of space for a cramped glove box.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts