Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all in the forum.
At the moment I'm driving a VW Polo2018 SEL 115 DSG (68 plate)good car, but the Mrs finds it difficult with the seat side bolsters to get out of the car (We're both retired). We need a car with higher seating. I've looked at a T-Cross in the show rooms and tried getting in and out myself and find it easy.
Now your all T-Cross owners, so you will be a bit biased, The T-Cross and my Polo have the same dash, so when sitting in the T-Cross though being a bit higher off the road, it's the same dash and everything. I paid cash for the Polo so if after a year I swapped it for a T-Cross, I'm looking at a £10,000 loss, should I go for a T-Cross or another car I like a Suzuki Vitara?
Are you all happy with your T-Crosses?

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
377 Posts
Welcome. My previous car was a Volvo S40 Sport. I did a lot of research and very happy with the T Cross. I think it would hold it's value better than the Suzuki. The current T Cross offers seem to involve PCP, but guessing you could always go that route and pay it off immediately if funds available, or haggle hard over trade in deal.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi, and welcome. Due to circumstances i traded from a lexus to a t-cross and was apprehensive about the perceived drop in quality. 2months in im more than happy, the t-cross is different from my previous car and in most ways better and ticked all my boxes for a change.

If it helps ive owned a 6r polo and although similar to a t-cross id say you would be pleased with the move up :D as it were.

Does your polo have the active info? If not that would certainly be a recommended addition.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I also had a Polo SEL (new in 2015) and and in 2017 needed something higher for the same reason.
The T Cross was a long way off, so I opted for an Audi Q2 1.4 which was great.
The PCP was 6 months away, but couldn't risk another Q2 because of all the issues with the 1.5 engine, and no sign of a fix.
I chose a T Cross because of the spacious interior, lots of kit as standard, the extra height, and the list price was £5000 cheaper.
Compromises had to be made, but overall I am very pleased with it.
The 1.0 L engine is lively enough, the ride is good, and the driving position is perfect.
Although not a big issue, my wife has commented that on getting out the backs of her legs do touch the sill, meaning she has to shuffle forward slightly, I find it easy because of the extra head room.
Apart from a bit of creaking from the hard plastics that I had to track down, I would certainly recommend it over anything else in the price range.
I used Carwow to get an idea of what discount was on offer, and there was a Summer promotion on offering £1250 if I took the PCP (I think it is now £750). Also asked for a reversible boot liner (retail value £73) as a deal breaker.
As Digitalracer mentioned, the PCP can be either paid off in full, or part payments made without penalty at anytime.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am 1.93cm and after a lot of search t cross was imo the best in class car below 4.20cm length. The combination of full led, rear camera and adaptive cruise control makes it vfm.
As for cheap interior.... the things I touch like steering wheel, gear stick, hand break and all knobs are excellent.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am quite impressed after a few months.

Over xmas we had 5 adults in the car for a short journey and 4 adults and luggage for a long journey & had plenty of legroom. We were impressed with how much can be squeezed underneath the floor in the boot.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Remember, there is now a 1.5 petrol option available too which is very economical.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Members with park assist, is it worth the money and do you use it much? I've been told that if the car at the rear has two wheels on the kerb, your park assist will also try and climb the kerb, not advisable with alloys. Isn
I have folding mirrors and find them handy when indoors and you wonder if you have locked the car, a peep outside and you can see, without looking your keys.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Don't rely on mirrors being folded, I believe that can still happen with passenger doors not shut properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.