Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, got my Tcross 2nd hand with only 17000km (import from Germany) its an 1.0 115hp 7 DSG R-Line from 2019
After driving happily for 2 months (now almost 20000km on it), it happened twice now that after driving some time, pulled over. switched engine off, went out, and returned back to car within 5 mins, following happened:
Turned key, and just an electrical clic, some rattling noise, but no starting engine. The message popped up ‘ leave car only in P(ark)’ and a orange warning sign on the left in the dash. But the car WAS in ‘P’ and the handbrake was on… as always and how it should be.
It just wouldnt start.
Tried again, (digital) dash completely faded out for 1 sec, some rattling noise, a lot of warnings (power steering, airbag and some more) but no ignition.
After trying several times it started up, didnt run well for 2/3 seconds, but then went on running normal as usual.

what can this be? Have done some internet research, read something about gearswitch (or selectorswitch) problem? Costs EUR1000,- or more to replace complete DSG switch. I hope it isnt. Thx in advance

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have a similar age car, dsg, and have not had that problem, fortunately.
Occasionally I have had the “ leave in P” warning, but switching off and on again resolved that, none of the problems you describe. Do you have a warranty, if so, take it back for checking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update after starting and driving normally a few times now, these warnings do not disappear. Both result of the strange /non starting as mentioned above
Warnings are in Dutch, and can be read in English as : ‘error airbag’ and ‘limited emergency call, pls visit service station”
Speedometer Car Vehicle Odometer Trip computer

Car Vehicle Speedometer Odometer Tachometer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts