Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see the 1.5 evo engine out of the rest of the VW range is now available on the T-cross.

Its only available with the DSG gearbox and in SEL or Rline trim......

My mother in law has this engine in her Tiguan, its very smooth and refined....and they've now sorted out the erratic cold running problems.....should be a nice match to the T-cross....

And its a bit pricey!

·
Registered
71 Posts
If it is anything as good as the 1.4 engine that I had in my 2017 Audi Q2 then that will be great.
I kept away from the 1.5 engine due to the well documented problems with kangerooing. I'm pleased to see it now seems ok.

I'm impressed with the 1.0 engine. The 1.4 was prone to wheel spin on take off on a slightly damp road,, the 1.0 doesn't do that.
That said I do miss the mid range acceleration, so it is nice to have the option in the future.

it makes it even more likely that when the PCP allows that I would have another T Cross.
A new T Cross size Audi Q1 is on the cards, but is bound to have far less kit as standard, and when you do want a certain item it will invariably only be available as part of a pack.
So the T Cross is the best value for the money., especially with a 1,5 engine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny, you say a new T Cross size Q1 is on the cards......

The T cross is pretty much the same size as a Q2!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Your right, it was one of the main attractions, and the list price was £5,000 cheaper.
The size is fine, but a larger engine would appeal to me.
The Q1 will be based on the A1, and share the same MQB A0 platform as the T Cross so the size should be similar.
The price certainly won't be,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Talking of which a mate who has run a Audi Q2 1.5 company car for a year tells me the latest software update carried out a month or so ago has fixed the hesitation issues. Prior to this he was extremely dissatisfied with the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts