Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Expecting delivery of my T Cross Life (Danish spec) in January with 16" Rims, 205/60R16 tyres

Dealer unable to confirm makers and model of tyres, was promised premium European brand (Bridgestone, Michelin etc) at time of purchase in July

However have noted that "Giti Tyres" is now OEM supplier for Volkswagen Polo and T-Cross - Giti GitiSynergyE1 (Sept announcement)

https://giti-tire.eu/en/news/giti-tire-extends-oe-supply-to-volkswagens-mqb-a0-platform-with-t-cross-fitment

Anyone recived a vehicle with these tyres, and if so, any reviews, comments etc?

Finding out in advance if I should be concerned or not, as I have never heard of this brand (Have already purchased Winter Tyres - Bridgestone Blizzak LM005, would hate to have Summer tyres which are not up to spec)

=================================
Giti Tire has secured its latest OE fitment with the Volkswagen Group, supplying the GitiSynergyE1 in size 205/60R16 92H for the VW T-Cross.
The car is built for the European market on the MQB-A0 small car platform in Pamplona, Spain alongside the Seat Arona Compact Crossover and VW Polo, for which the tyre manufacturer already supplies OE in the same pattern.
Key attributes of the GitiSynergyE1 include a high-performance ECO tread compound and the special contour design for low rolling resistance - as confirmed by the B grade on the EU Tyre Regulation
label - as well as enhanced driving and braking characteristics on both wet and dry roads.
The tyre was designed by Giti Tire's European Research & Development Centre in Hannover, with testing at the company's MIRA facility in the UK as well as Germany and Spain.
=============================================

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
360 Posts
My understanding is VW wouldn't settle for just one supplier after doing that with Pirelli and supplies quickly dried up when they had factory fire. They didn't want to be put in that position again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts