Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It would appear that online user manuals are now available, however having tried to download a copy I get the error message below and a request for a user name and password, neither of which I have!

Sorry, something went wrong.

Please try again later or refer to our support.
The error code is: ERR_01_001_TP

https://userguide.volkswagen.de is requesting your username and password. The site says: "TopicPilot"

I contacted VW online support and their explanation was that the site may be being updated and to try again tomorrow. Link for manuals below. Let us know if it works for you.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/manuals

·
Registered
116 Posts
Link works for me... Even using our. Private plate.which differs from the original one at registration.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SimonF said:
Link works for me... Even using our. Private plate.which differs from the original one at registration.
I tried again, it does not work for me putting both the original reg and private plate regs in. I'm getting the same messages!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SimonF said:
Many thanks. I tried it, put my VIN no in and it asked me for my user name and password. I've tried 3 browsers an 1 tablet and get the same result.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey folks, some updates on this.

I called the VW in my home country and they told me that the VW dealer in my area should bring an Owner's manual in the language I want. So i went to them yesterday and they ordered one for free (it usually costs around 20 euros but in my case they fucked up so they owe me) lol.

·
Registered
116 Posts
IWRA said:
SimonF said:
Many thanks. I tried it, put my VIN no in and it asked me for my user name and password. I've tried 3 browsers an 1 tablet and get the same result.
Thats very odd. If I click on that link it goes straight to the online manual. Don't need to add any additional information in.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SimonF said:
IWRA said:
SimonF said:
Thats very odd. If I click on that link it goes straight to the online manual. Don't need to add any additional information in.
What's the manual file size?

·
Registered
156 Posts
IWRA said:
It would appear that online user manuals are now available..
Thanks for the update..

The link works fine for me..

The online manual is pretty good, but would really like a PDF or something that I can read offline, any ideas ?

Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
You can do it. Google "Convert html to pdf". I am not at home so I cannot generate one for you, but it's simple

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all

Thanks for the great links

Noted that you need to use VIN number (and not registration number) to get to the user manual, no problem

On a Macbook, if you want it in pdf
1) open all the sections of the manual you want
2) use save as pdf function, it works almost perfectly

(If you want the whole manual, you need to do it in sections, and will end up with several files totalling around 40 to 50MB)

14 days to delivery
115PS T cross Life - limestone Grey, Danish spec + many optional extras

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am still getting an error code if I try and access the online manuals via the VW web site and went on the VW chat today and the advisor is adamant that there are no online manuals yet available for the T Cross!! Their final response is below.

While I understand that other owner's may be able to access this feature online, as I have mentioned above, depending on the individual vehicle it may take up to 12 months for an owner's manual to be uploaded digitally. I appreciate that you are unhappy with this response, and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

·
Registered
18 Posts
IWRA said:
I am still getting an error code if I try and access the online manuals via the VW web site and went on the VW chat today and the advisor is adamant that there are no online manuals yet available for the T Cross!! Their final response is below.

While I understand that other owner's may be able to access this feature online, as I have mentioned above, depending on the individual vehicle it may take up to 12 months for an owner's manual to be uploaded digitally. I appreciate that you are unhappy with this response, and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.
I have send you a DM

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
VW Customer Services have admitted that there is an issue with some registration numbers not being recognised resulting in an error message when trying to access the manuals. They have made VW Germany aware of the problem. I had tried 3 First Edition registrations found on Autotrader adverts, none worked.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts