·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has left the factory! Built a week early :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Exciting!! We saw the first one out of a showroom today! Fingers crossed mine might be built early if they're ahead of schedule (fingers crossed)!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Now have my prospective build date from my dealer, should be Week 27, first week of July.
Pretty good as I ordered May 4th.
SEL Man.
Pure White
Kola Alloys
Spare Wheel
Folding Mirrors
Keyless
Winter Pack
Active Info

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cappa said:
katydaly said:
I just bought car today and my dealer gave me estimate of 6 months.... I can't believe it
No way?! That's crazy. Did they say why?

Did you shop around?

·
Registered
4 Posts
katydaly said:
Cappa said:
katydaly said:
I just bought car today and my dealer gave me estimate of 6 months.... I can't believe it
No way?! That's crazy. Did they say why?

Did you shop around?
Its because I ordered automatic dsg. I confirmed with Volkswagen Spain the same if it were manual shift it would be only 3 months

·
Registered
21 Posts
katydaly said:
When are you expecting to take delivery of your car Katydaly? :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cappa said:
katydaly said:
I collected my SE 115 Manual today. The salesman at the dealership told me that they are now quoting October for any new orders! Seems I got in at the right time (Ordered 26th April).

·
Registered
11 Posts
JamieTaylor95 said:
Cappa said:
katydaly said:
I collected my SE 115 Manual today. The salesman at the dealership told me that they are now quoting October for any new orders! Seems I got in at the right time (Ordered 26th April).
That's so exciting! I've also ordered the SE 115 manual - hopeful for collection next week. How are you finding it so far?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CJCD said:
katydaly said:
When are you expecting to take delivery of your car Katydaly? :)
Goodness knows, I'm hoping around the second week of July, hopefully before!

My salesman called to ask if I remembered "what week it was" ie the car being built.

I politely told him it had already been built 🙄

·
Registered
313 Posts
So how long are people staying on stage 2 order with factory? :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
spc369 said:
So how long are people staying on stage 2 order with factory? :D
I believe that it stays at stage 2 until 4-5 weeks before production.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've been at stage 2 since 14th June! I've lost the will to live. But my dealer is saying build week 34.

·
Registered
313 Posts
kristyw said:
I've been at stage 2 since 14th June! I've lost the will to live. But my dealer is saying build week 34.
Thanks, im prob 2weeks behind that then :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
spc369 said:
kristyw said:
There is not a 'queue' in the normal meaning of the term, it can be quicker if the dealer has some unallocated orders available to them, it can be slower if an option (like DSG) has a longer lead time.

Once at stage 2, the dealer will have access to the latest factory estimate and that will keep on changing so it is worth nagging the dealer regularly. Mine has moved to production in the first week of September and we ordered in mid April !

·
Registered
313 Posts
Their supposed to be ringing me next week, ill dig more then. Hoping oct sometime

·
Registered
313 Posts
Moved to stage 3 today, dealer says build week first in sept... oct delivery is looking good

·
Registered
313 Posts
Drw said:
spc369 said:
kristyw said:
There is not a 'queue' in the normal meaning of the term, it can be quicker if the dealer has some unallocated orders available to them, it can be slower if an option (like DSG) has a longer lead time.

Once at stage 2, the dealer will have access to the latest factory estimate and that will keep on changing so it is worth nagging the dealer regularly. Mine has moved to production in the first week of September and we ordered in mid April !
As you ordered much earlier than me and weve been given the same build week im guessing theyre pushing uk orders ahead of brexit :?:

·
Registered
129 Posts
My DSG switched to stage 3 week 36 today as well.

·
Registered
313 Posts
theyll be on the same boat :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts