Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my last 3 new cars have all been pick the trim level and order from stock... new car 10days later.

Ive no idea about this ordering process. I know it will take a few months to build and that suits me but whats the procedure in steps?

Are people using an app? To track

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't think there are too many T-Cross cars around at dealerships to buy though it might be worth phoning around to ask. Making a factory order lets you get the spec of car you want. I ordered my T-Cross exactly 11 weeks ago and it arrived at the port of Tyne 1 week ago. My dealer expects to get it in the next few days. So about 12 weeks from order to delivery. You could ask around locally to you if there is a good VW dealership and go and have a chat with them. I have found getting quotes from some on-line brokers (e.g. Autoebid or Carwow) can give you an idea of what you might pay. If you take VW's finance PCP deal you get £1000 towards your deposit. The VW configurator will give you details of what options are available.
Yes there is an app "My Volkswagen" which allows you to track the progress of your order once you get the Order Number for your car.
Hope that helps - no problem giving you further advice on anything specific.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry i should have been clearer, im am optioning the car and read people were using an app with a order number. Never had that before and didnt know what it was. Just getting more infirmation before the salesman confuses me lol.

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
There's no real way of knowing until you visit a dealer. Or two.

Each franchise gets an allocation so some may have a sooner build week.

There are a few cars around with standard spec, various models, but I wanted park assist which none of the cars had.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All set to order tomorrow at 945, all booked in.

What could possibly go wrong :lol: , took a while to get to this point.

·
Registered
129 Posts
spc369 said:

The delivery date could be after Halloween and Boris crashes us out of the EU and the prices go up !

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drw said:
spc369 said:

The delivery date could be after Halloween and Boris crashes us out of the EU and the prices go up !
Well thats not jinxed it :lol:

I know the delivery date will be long, should've been ordering april time, and boris can do what i want after i sign :lol:

·
Registered
54 Posts
My initial discussion with dealer indicated mid September build on a T Cross with anticipated mid October collection, T Roc was about a month longer.

Be interested what dates you are quoted.

For myself I now thinking of delaying placing my order for a few months, as not in a hurry to change, and gives be time to shop around as currently local dealer is not offering me anything. Also do I want a new car going into the winter months, my theory being is that in delaying I would aim for delivery next March / April, which gives me time to save up for a few more extras on the car. Downside is Brexit could put a spanner in the works of this theory if WTO import taxes came into effect.

However all could change on next visit to dealer, particularly after seeing all those lovely pictures of new T Crosses on the forum.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well after about 3months sorting changing figures and delays in test drives ive finally put a deposit down :D
The wait begins......

The order will go on the system monday then ill get the order build number and hopefully an idea of delivery. I did ask and he said hopefully oct but will know better later. Thats ok.

Free mats / tank of gas is a winner and a better deal than i could have hoped for on my trade in so very happy. :D

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep the visit was spot on today,

After a lot of consideration the choices were:

115 SE DSG
Urano grey,,,,,, didnt see the point of paying extra as ive never had a grey car and the mrs n i both liked it .
Active info display
Rev cam
Electrically folding mirrors
Keyless entry/ push start
Beats soundpack
Space saver spare.

Ill add it to my profile shortly 😀

·
Registered
129 Posts
What date were you quoted, DSG seem to be slower.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No date yet, told it would be processed on monday and theyd be in touch.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ordered my DSG 10th May and have been vaguely told week 34 build by the dealership, expecting it some time in September. The app is just stuck on 2 - with the factory.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats not too bad, i am realistically expecting oct, i hope :lol:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I ordered a DSG in mid April, am anticipating the manufacture in 2nd week of August, I understand that it only moves from stage 2 a month before build, however the system seems to give multiple stage 2 messages when the planned week changes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.