Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car didn't come with paddles.
Just out of interest I was wondering if those of you who have them make much use of them, or are just happy to let the DSG do it's job?

·
Registered
71 Posts
My T-Cross Style Version (AU model) comes with paddles. I mostly forget that they are there and let the computer do the work for me, but very occasionally I use it for switching down a gear. The fuel efficiency goals means that sometimes it feels like the T-Cross can spend just a little too long in the higher gears before grudgingly kicking down, so I give it a little helpful nudge occasionally.

I also find it useful when travelling long distances and I wish to overtake a road train or something similar. I can quickly step down a gear, overtake and manually step up the gears as required.

But day to day driving.... I let the car do the work for me.

A tip about the paddles that some may or may not know, when you press a paddle the car switches to M mode (manual), if you press and hold the UP paddle (the right one for AU) it will switch back into D mode.
It will also change gears automatically even in M mode if it thinks you are revving it to high, self protection.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got the paddles. Never use them. Once out of curiosity.. DSG shifts so perfect, you don't need them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts