Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Some kind person has opened their door and taken a chip out of my offside passenger door which is a bit too deep for T-Cut to take out.

Does anyone know if there's a label somewhere on the car (or in the documentation) which has the actual paint code ? I'm loathe to go to my VW dealer for a paint touch up pot and pay their prices. If anyone has any recommendations for online suppliers for a tiny touch up pot it would be appreciated.

Neil

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
380 Posts
In other cars I have found the paint code somewhere in the engine bay, if that helps.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have purchased touch up paint from the dealer; you are provided with the base colour and a clear coat in a pack similar to a typing white out product ,with a mini brush for each product. I found the price ( A$28 approx) reasonable to ensure that you are receiving the factory colour.Cheers-John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi
Look under the cover on the boot floor by the spare wheel well there should be a label with the paint code two letters one number one letter [LA9B] this is just an example.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AussieJohn said:
I have purchased touch up paint from the dealer; you are provided with the base colour and a clear coat in a pack similar to a typing white out product ,with a mini brush for each product. I found the price ( A$28 approx) reasonable to ensure that you are receiving the factory colour.Cheers-John
Thanks John. Looks like the price from a dealer is in the order of £28 whereas a quick search online (eBay and other sites) looks like £7-£10

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
acvw said:
Thanks - I'd found the same code on various online retailers for Urano Grey but I wanted to make sure the code was correct in the vehicle. My Dad used to work in a Fiat garage and they had a habit of using different names for the same paint code !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.