Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have parking sensors front and back installed in the car but I was misinformed during the order from the dealer and didn't purchase the park assist.
Now that I asked for a retrofit they want £420 (~420 euro) for something that it's software related, just an activation, and during the order from the factory it does cost only £120.

Any idea how can I enable it?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Not sure it can just be enabled, Park assist requires an extra switch to initiate it. This isn't as simple as adding a switch, the switch panel comes in different variants with collections of switches, and with an extra switch additional wiring may need to run back from the switch multi plug to the BCM control module.

I'd push back on the dealers about misinformation and that it's their fault as you asked for it as a feature.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I believe that it also has extra side sensors

·
Registered
413 Posts
No, certainly my t-Cross without park assist has the same number of sensors as my Tiguan with park assist. Where you may have got this from is the early parking sensors were only on the front and rear, not wrapping round the sides. Now they all get the side sensors too.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have booked a meeting with the dealer on Saturday morning so I'll let you know. Thank you for the info and the tips.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Annoying when things go wrong. But personally after having park assist on a previous Yeti it's not something I would pay for again. I think I used it twice... And that was to show people how it worked.

I would spend my money on the reversing camera which appears more useful in daily driving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have ordered a new tcross with park assist. I currently have a 2014 mk7 golf which I ordered with park assist. The bumpers on the golf have 4 normal size sensors on and on the corners/sides 2 larger sensors which measure the gap when you activate the park assist so the car knows the gap is big enough, there is at least 2 different systems one that does parallel parking only, and later systems that do bay parking and parallel parking hope this helps.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I may be wrong but isn't Park Assist the one that pops up in reverse and shows in the screen a virtual car and the distance you have from the objects around you? Or they call it Pilot Assist? I'm confused 😜

·
Registered
17 Posts
The largest difference between the Park Pilot and Park Assist features is the level of control the vehicle has during the parking process. With Park Pilot, the driver remains in control of all functions of the vehicle. With Park Assist, the vehicle is in control of steering during the parking process.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Bizze! Then is Park Pilot what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Park assist invaluable in London. I can power into tiny spaces on busy roads quickly and confidently. My dad has never used his in a smaller town. It's not easiest thing to master but persevere - several times I've got street parking eg at hospitals where the only space within a mile was too tough for mere mortals...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts