Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Picked up my new T-Cross recently (pictures to follow once the number plate has been sorted). Switched from a Yeti to SE model.

One thing I am really missing right now is parking sensors. So questions:

1 - It is a PCP financed car, does it invalidate anything if I get sensors fitted to the car at this stage?
2- Is there any particular sensor set that is recommended for the T-Cross.

As for fitters go - I will have to check locally!

Cheers and thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
I'd advise getting ones that integrate into the car as you then get the display on screen. However, not sure if the bumper has the holes blanked out with the fixing brackets behind it. There are a couple of companies that advertise installing them.

As for fitting them after purchase, it's OK provided it doesn't spoil the look of the car, e.g poor diy installation, and they'd have to be left on the car on return.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, I will be making sure that they are fitted properly and not spoiling the look of the car. I will also be asking VW for a quite directly.

As this is after purchase, I assume ones that integrate with the car now cannot be installed? That sounds like a reasonably big job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just called ym VW dealer. They have given me a quote for rear sensors fitted and painted.

They also tell me that there is no option for front sensors on the T-Cross - is this correct?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for your help. Called my dealer back.

They can fit rear sensors for me.

They have also offered one of their approved fitters who can fit front + rear sensors to the car.

Always worth asking!

THey're just checking now that I can add the modification as the car is purchased under PCP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A new T-Cross owner here also, and despite the fact that it has the rear camera, there are no parking sensors (beeping when approaching an item close to the car). Is there an option that I haven't enabled or doesn't it have parking sensors?

It's the LIFE version with the iQ pack installed (Front Assist with City Emergency Braking & Pedestrian Monitoring, Speed Limiter, Emergency Call Service, Lane Assist, Fatique Detection & Multi-collision Brake) and assumed it also had the parking sensors preinstalled.

·
Registered
76 Posts
A new T-Cross owner here also, and despite the fact that it has the rear camera, there are no parking sensors (beeping when approaching an item close to the car). Is there an option that I haven't enabled or doesn't it have parking sensors?
No sure how much it helps, but on the Australian version the parking sensors are turned on and off via a button on the dash, just above the climate control controls. A little P with a traffic cone I think is the symbol.

·
Super Moderator
450 Posts
Georgepal, take a walk around the car and look for the sensors. Mounted around bumper level, they are round circles in the bumpers. Ifvyou can't see them you haven't got them.

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Car Vehicle

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.