Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trivial stuff really, especially when I have a so far unused Park Assist feature, but my passenger side rear view mirror which was programmed to dip down to see the kerb when reversing is failing to behave. I have reset it several times in my first year of T-Cross ownership but it keeps straight up instead of turning down. I am programming it to my own key, and my wife and I keep our keys separated. I have read the manual but maybe I'm missing something. I could easily drop into the dealership, which is close by, but I don't want to admit defeat so soon. Any clues folks? Page 91 in the manual is where I am looking.

Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
Unable to check at the moment, but I seem to remember the little dial knob on the driver door arm rest has to be in a particular position 馃
Apologies if I am wrong.

Reactions: AussieJohn

Registered
Trivial stuff really, especially when I have a so far unused Park Assist feature, but my passenger side rear view mirror which was programmed to dip down to see the kerb when reversing is failing to behave. I have reset it several times in my first year of T-Cross ownership but it keeps straight up instead of turning down. I am programming it to my own key, and my wife and I keep our keys separated. I have read the manual but maybe I'm missing something. I could easily drop into the dealership, which is close by, but I don't want to admit defeat so soon. Any clues folks? Page 91 in the manual is where I am looking.
Yes need mirror dial on L. Manual is wrong as it assumes left hand drive ! When you drive off the mirror returns to position. You can leave it on L if you dont need to move mirror often.

Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
And I still think folding mirrors should have been standard for the SEL trim.

Registered
You need the mirror dial on L then with the engine on select reverse gear, adjust the mirror to where you want it.
Then select drive and then back to reverse.
That should set it.
Sorry for commenting on an old thread but I am trying to set this up in my new T Cross. When you say 鈥榓djust the mirror鈥 - how is this done? I鈥檝e got the dial on L, in to reverse, the mirror dips a bit but I need it to dip further as I am a shorty and can鈥檛 see the road. Am I adjusting with the dial or something else?

Super Moderator
Set the mirrors as you wish, then select Reverse, and position the mirror switch to passenger side, then readjust to suit. On reselecting drive and driving forward a small distance the mirror should return to your normal position, and whenever you select reverse it will dip to this new position.

Registered
Set the mirrors as you wish, then select Reverse, and position the mirror switch to passenger side, then readjust to suit. On reselecting drive and driving forward a small distance the mirror should return to your normal position, and whenever you select reverse it will dip to this new position.
Thanks Tricky2, it鈥檚 the 鈥榬eadjust to suit鈥 that I鈥檓 stuck on. Where/how do I adjust the mirror once I鈥檝e done the other steps?

Registered
With the car in Reverse and the joystick in the L position, adjust the mirror to your desire using the joystick. Once you are done, engage drive/1st gear and drive forwards. The mirror should return back to the normal position. The next time you engage reverse, the mirror will dip to the new configured position.

Reactions: Lisa82

Registered
With the car in Reverse and the joystick in the L position, adjust the mirror to your desire using the joystick. Once you are done, engage drive/1st gear and drive forwards. The mirror should return back to the normal position. The next time you engage reverse, the mirror will dip to the new configured position.
Got it thanks! Couldn鈥檛 work out where I was doing the adjusting from!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts