·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats you gots?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got a manual but wish I had got a DSG!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
arkay said:
I got a manual but wish I had got a DSG!
Both smooth boxes &#x1f44d-1f3fc;&#x1f44d-1f3fc;

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is my first automatic car and I'm a complete convert! So easy when I'm inevitably stuck on the M6 or somewhere

·
Registered
16 Posts
Question:. This may be based on a wrong assumption but I always thought automatics had better fuel consumption as they always changed gear at the optimum time, but the fuel consumption and CO2 output quoted by VW says the opposite.

Am I just plain wrong?

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
380 Posts
My understanding is auto with torque converter uses more fuel, but the T Cross is a computer controlled twin clutch system which is more economical than torque converter but uses fractionally more fuel than a normal gearbox due to a little extra weight.

·
Registered
VW T-cross SEL 115 DSG 2019 Energetic Orange
380 Posts
My aunt struggled with a manual for 10 years or more despite me suggesting an auto. Then, out of the blue, she suddenly appeared in an auto and said she wished she had listened to me years ago!! With all the traffic queues these days I would never go back to a manual!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.