Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The extreme car front door base outer edge comes to quite a sharp angle and could be easily scratched when parking too close to a wall say. Look at the base of the door next to it and see how it is neatly angled. Surely VW could have done a better job with front door. I had hoped that the sides of the car inc doors would have black cladding similar to that around wheel arches which would have given quite a practical not to say attractive SUV look. Are you listening VW?

·
Registered
313 Posts
My se is the same with cladding...... must be an R-line

·
Registered
313 Posts
I think we need pictures

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have RLine with Running boards brings a whole other problem as they stick out but not wider than the wing mirrors!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes Simon F, I have the R Line in Makena Turquoise bought as an ex demo. I never knew or even saw photos of this car with black cladding at side which looks better I think apart from being more practical. What does the front look like? I guess it might cost a small fortune to replace green body coloured kit with black cladding.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Jonblue said:
Yes Simon F, I have the R Line in Makena Turquoise bought as an ex demo. I never knew or even saw photos of this car with black cladding at side which looks better I think apart from being more practical. What does the front look like? I guess it might cost a small fortune to replace green body coloured kit with black cladding.
Both front and rear bumpers are different. Haven't got pics of both but this Google search throws some up:

https://www.google.com/search?q=t+cross+sel&rlz=1C1CHZL_enGB776GB776&sxsrf=ACYBGNS8_aw-nA0EW611rvqU-J7I2WghaA:1572378051124&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjVicLZnMLlAhXLSxUIHVMVBF4Q_AUIEigB&biw=1920&bih=937#imgrc=-WxK5gBCxgV0zM:

S

·
Registered
54 Posts
Jonblue said:
The extreme car front door base outer edge comes to quite a sharp angle and could be easily scratched when parking too close to a wall say. Look at the base of the door next to it and see how it is neatly angled. Surely VW could have done a better job with front door. I had hoped that the sides of the car inc doors would have black cladding similar to that around wheel arches which would have given quite a practical not to say attractive SUV look. Are you listening VW?
Well spotted it does look like poor design on R Line vehicles. I'll contact my dealership tomorrow and see if they've noticed the problem or if VW are aware of it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.