Volkswagen T-Cross Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As mentioned in my previous threads the detailer who did my new car protection detail found a lot of defects in the paint.

You can see some pictures of it in his Facebook post.

https://www.facebook.com/273514062686622/posts/2593284410709564/

You can see the marks clearly on the close up roof photos. When I went in to view the defects you could not feel them. They were actully in the clear coat. Luckily VW paint is quite thick so can take heavy polishing.

Mine was a week 36 build. Worth checking yours. You need decent light and best viewed from a low angle.

Cheers

Simon

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ive decontaminted mine and waxed and didn't spot anything. When i got my last car i took time to learn the correct ways to maintain a finish without damaging paint. Mines flat and not metallic if theres a difference. Not to detailer level though . I think theyve done a cracking job on yours and for a great price. Im glad i havent spotted anything. Yet...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spc369 said:
Ive decontaminted mine and waxed and didn't spot anything. When i got my last car i took time to learn the correct ways to maintain a finish without damaging paint. Mines flat and not metallic if theres a difference. Not to detailer level though . I think theyve done a cracking job on yours and for a great price. Im glad i havent spotted anything. Yet...
If you've decontamiated it that would almost certainly removed any dealer prep. You would have certainly noticed it when waxing. Sounds like yours is ok. 👌

·
Registered
313 Posts
I hope so, just maintenance washes till xmas then ill spend more time on xmas hols on it. I had polo few years ago and that had residue from the transport protection. Didnt see anything of concern this time. Id love to try a ceramic coating . One day :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.